• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie Strat?

Who has one -
    How do you like it?
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Have one and love it. The scallops are deep and take a bit of time to get used to them, but once you do.... watch out!! unleash the focking fury.

I understand that FMIC announced on this NAMM a new YJM Strat. Almost the same thing, but a bullet rod on the haedstock and I don't know what else. A unique Strat for sure.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
      Who has one -
      How do you like it?
      What do you care? You're Strat God - you don't need to impersonate anyone! j/k buddy
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I've got one and love it also! Got it about 2 months ago and love playing the thing. It doesn't take too long to adjust to the scalloping, the hardest adjustment being open chords - G, D, C, etc. They feel a little funky at first, just have to really lighten up your hand. But bending and vibrato......oh man, it rocks for those techniques. I'd been wanting a Strat for SRV/bluesy-stuff (see my sig -lol) and it's great for it. Get one! Or better yet, try one first if you can and see how you like the scalloping.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I love mine, it's my main player. Like Woods said, try one out! Also, there are some good threads on here we've had on these!
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

There are 3 songs on here with my local cover band me and my friends do for fun (I actually play melodic death metal). My YJM, MT2 and JCM800 2203, keep in mind it was halloween and I was wearing a dred wig and was very drunk! Gives you an idea of how the YJM sounds though!

Bang Box (bangboxxxx)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Jeff, the Yngwie's are great guitars. I owned several of them. The only issues I had with them are:

No locking trem
              21 frets isn't enough. I need at least 22
              You WILL need to EQ your amps if all your other guitars have traditional humbuckers in them. The Yngwie pickups are very low output.
              Besides that.. they are nice guitars.

Comment

Yep, love mine. I've had it for about 4 years. The YJM pups get good vintage single coil sound and are quiet. Just like jg said, you have to eq and boost your signal a bit to get into the Shred zone!

There should be tons of threads with this guitar on the forum if you use the Search function.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have one, vintage white/maple. I hate the pickguard.. don't know why the hell they used this greenish tinted thing, they use white on the new 07's. It definitely gets you close to Yngwie's tone, I don't really like it for anything else. I don't think it's very versatile. To be honest I'd rather get a nice modern strat with a humbucker in the bridge and maybe a YJM in the neck if you want that kind of sound. I don't really like the trem on the YJM and the scallops really don't do much. My vibrato is just as nice on a regular fretboard as it is on a scalloped one, I don't find it necessary at all. I've been thinking about selling mine and getting another more versatile strat. Just my opinion.

Comment

I have one and it feels really refreshing to play it after the regular superstrats/humbeckers. The tone is a lot brigher, resonant and YJM-ish. Mine is Japanese market one, a bit different from the USA in details but nothing special. Better wood maybe, demarzio virtual vintage pickups. I think this is an intersting replacement for the HS3s, almost identical tone but a bit stronger output.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexiLiimatainen View Post
                      I have one, vintage white/maple. I hate the pickguard.. don't know why the hell they used this greenish tinted thing, they use white on the new 07's. It definitely gets you close to Yngwie's tone, I don't really like it for anything else. I don't think it's very versatile. To be honest I'd rather get a nice modern strat with a humbucker in the bridge and maybe a YJM in the neck if you want that kind of sound. I don't really like the trem on the YJM and the scallops really don't do much. My vibrato is just as nice on a regular fretboard as it is on a scalloped one, I don't find it necessary at all. I've been thinking about selling mine and getting another more versatile strat. Just my opinion.

I have to agree about the vibrato. I get just as much with a non-scalloped neck.
                      They are really fun to play though and they are an attention getter at gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
                        There are 3 songs on here with my local cover band me and my friends do for fun (I actually play melodic death metal). My YJM, MT2 and JCM800 2203, keep in mind it was halloween and I was wearing a dred wig and was very drunk! Gives you an idea of how the YJM sounds though!

http://www.myspace.com/bangboxxxx
                        That is some good stuff dude! Groovy, killer guitar playing and great vocals too! Definitely something to add to the Myspace friends list
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by AlexiLiimatainen View Post
                          I'll have to disagree with you on these points, however to each his own. I play everything from Rock to Jazz, to Fusion on this Stratocaster. It's my favorite and most versatile Strat I have and I have quite a few. I play so light on the frets that I don't even know there there except for pressing to get a little bending going on. Mine is a US, maple board, vintage white. Awhile back I changed the Pup covers and pickguard to vintage white and Parchment respectively to look better for the period intended.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i have one and love it. the scalloping really helps with your technique. when you fret, you can't barely miss and roll onto the string like you can when you have a fretboard underneath. so you have to be precise when you fret.

also, it force you to have a lighter touch because if you are pressing down hard, the strings without a fretboard feels like a cheese slicer against your fingers.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                              That is some good stuff dude! Groovy, killer guitar playing and great vocals too! Definitely something to add to the Myspace friends list

Thanks man! The YJM was very easy to dial in, just pumped up the bass, mids and cut the treble a bit. I added more gain too, really fun guitar. I have my model 2 neck out being scalloped, can't wait to get her back!

Comment

Working...
                              X