Fender Strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Strats

The other day I tried one of he MIM stats and found it to be a pretty decent guitar. What I liked most about it was the neck shape. So I checked out fender.com and found that it is a 9.5 radius--modern C, the same as the USA Deluxe. the MIM are about $400 vs the $1200 usa counterparts. I realize the the USA one has upgraded parts to justify the price increase. But for a gigging guitar, is the MIM guitar worthy or is it best to spend the extra $800.

Again, I'm a lefty so I have only a few models to select from.

thanks!

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

The taco Strats are a great deal. Most of them are decent quality, but play as many as you can until you find "the one". I have gone into stores a number of times and found a really nice playing Mexi Strat, then would pick up a USA and the MIM was at least as good feeling (for $500 less). And if you're talking about the deluxe, save yourself $800 and get the MIM. And since it's for gigging, you won't be as worried about dents, dings, etc.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      The taco Strats are a great deal. Most of them are decent quality, but play as many as you can until you find "the one". I have gone into stores a number of times and found a really nice playing Mexi Strat, then would pick up a USA and the MIM was at least as good feeling (for $500 less). And if you're talking about the deluxe, save yourself $800 and get the MIM. And since it's for gigging, you won't be as worried about dents, dings, etc.
      Agreed! MIM guitars are great,especially the the higher end MIM`s. But if you find a good Standard,for the price they can`t be beat!!!

Comment

Yup!!! I'm in total agreement with the above two posts.

Comment

speaking of leftyies
          i once saw this explorer, that a a guy had set up for left handed use. i was dumbfounded...........
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

The MIM is not an alder body though right? I Would go for an older Jap model. they are flawless and only show their difference to the US models by being a tiny bit smaller in the neck width (smaller hands )

Comment

i do gig with a modded mexi strat. it has saved my butt on stage MANY times!!!! i do agree that you need to play a few to find the one....

here is mine (again):

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PittJitsu View Post
                The MIM is not an alder body though right?
                I'm pretty sure they are adler.

Comment

mine is alder
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nice mutt! That looks killer.

Comment

I bought one on a whim and was very pleasantly surprised. I loved it although a trade came along where I had to let it go.

Pretty much all around good, great tone and power. Nice neck feel. Great for the price.

Here she is:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Check this out.

Guitar, bass and drum tabs & chords with free online tab player. Play along with original audio. Huge selection of over a million tabs. No abusive ads. One accurate tab per song

Your all Major Charvel and Jackson players, I'm guessing. This is not a bad thing by any means. I love mine too. But when you get the Strat GAS then you will get pickier about these too. I stated with a squire, then bought a USA, then a CS. then a Eric Johnson, which for the money, is not the most expensive, but Best Strat I own. Then Just this week I went and played some vintage 57's and a 62, 63 and a 65. When you put your ear to the top horn and strum, that dry vintage wood sustains for days and the tone explains why you just keep baying more and more for these relics. Nothing beats age for an ax, so why not bu some free Mojo and go as used as you can afford. there are great $500 fenders hiding out there, wood does not know where it was put together, just that its a good piece or not IMO
                        Last edited by PittJitsu; 01-29-2007, 04:17 PM.

Comment

The Mexi's should be alder or something equivalent. Mexi's are nice Strats, the MIA's will hold their value better and some will go up in value. That's how I justified buying an MIA over an MIM. I agree that you can find some good mojo strats out there but they don't all have to be Fender. I have a Squier Pro Tone that I think stands up as well as my two MIA Strats. Of course the Pro Tone is solid ash and made to Fender specs using Fender parts so it is not exactly your normal basswood Squier guitar with the cheapy parts.

Comment

like i mentioned in the other Fender thread ..... Jump on a JAPAN Fender. 1985-86 is a good year for them.
                            Think how nice the Charvel Models are and apply that to the Fenders made in Japan. There are stories how Fender shit their pants when they visited the factory where these were produced. They shamed the USA made Fenders at that same time period.
                            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I saw somewhere that older MIM strats were poplar then they changed to alder. Don't know when, but I'm pretty sure my 1996 is poplar.

Comment

Working...
                              X