No announcement yet.

Fender Strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only am I not a fender only strat guy, if its for just messing around or an emergency go to for playing out, I actualy would buy this for $100. Its got a nice flame maple, a Hum for metal, a lic. floyd and its not a bad little guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by PittJitsu View Post
      Not only am I not a fender only strat guy, if its for just messing around or an emergency go to for playing out, I actualy would buy this for $100. Its got a nice flame maple, a Hum for metal, a lic. floyd and its not a bad little guitar.

Hey that's a nice guitar . Is it a Fender Strat and if it is
      what kind of floyd rose is that I can't find a floyd for my strat.
      What type is it and were could I get one?

Comment

I recently found out that all the Mexicaster necks are actually produced in Corona, CA and shipped to Mexico for assembly. I'm sure that has alot to do with their popularity.
        Strat God Music
        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

If you are going to go to rondo then I would go for $30 more and get the SX solid Ash Strat. I have been gassing for this one because of the 129.99 price tag for a while.

Comment

That reminds me - check out the Jimmie Vaughan strat. Best bang-for-the-buck IMO. It's $600 new w/gigbag (which is a good deal) but you can find them on the bay for around $450 w/hardcase. They have a great neck and pups. Strat God's comment reminded me of the JV because it has American hardware (pups, tuners, trem, etc.) just assembled in Mexico.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The MIM Standard Strats are Alder! For a time in the 90`s they switched to Poplar because of a rise in price/shortage of Alder but they are indeed Alder! The Jimmie Vaughan Strat is great as well as the other MIM Artists,Deluxe and Classic Series!!! Great guitars!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                Hey that's a nice guitar . Is it a Fender Strat and if it is
                what kind of floyd rose is that I can't find a floyd for my strat.
                What type is it and were could I get one?
                Nope not a fender, but a real alder body and the thing is literlay $89 on ebay. You cant buy a floyd or a neck for $90. It plays very well and is a great bang for your buck.

Now if you want to spend a bit more I can sell you this its a real 65 blondie. the tinly little switch on the switch costs more then a few of those guitars:ROTF:

Comment

Some pics of my Strat Posse.....
                  Here's a Custom Shop Team-Built '60 Super-Relic in Shell Pink...this color is 'not available' on Fender's relic options...

This is a Team-Built '56 with REAL Abby's - not the '69's. Sweet.

This is a Warmoth Strat I built. Paduk neck and Paduk chambered body, Evo in the bridge, Duckbucker in the mid and a Lil'59 neck. Fully scalloped with a real gold floyd. Fastest fuggin neck I've had. I sold it like an idiot and it eventually made it's way into JGCable's hands- If I recall, he absolutely LOVED this one...

First year Clapton...great V-neck, but the circuit board under the guard was noisy.

Waterslide fun on the Paduk....

The height of foolery: TWO CS '56's on stage (gotta have a backup!)

Closeup of the '56
                  Strat God Music
                  http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Very Nice collection! My 65 you see is an orig. I also have a relic CS 60's in sonic, and a 64 in daphne.. So we share the color thing... The Shell Pink is awsome! Now if that ones ever for sale, PLEASE think of me. I will pay with cash, trade and or 6ft tall Brazilian Strippers.

I dont get why they are marked as "60's" when 1963,4,5 have nothing in common with 1960,1 and 2.

Comment

Strats rule

Comment

Originally posted by PittJitsu View Post
                        Nope not a fender, but a real alder body and the thing is literlay $89 on ebay. You cant buy a floyd or a neck for $90. It plays very well and is a great bang for your buck.

Now if you want to spend a bit more I can sell you this its a real 65 blondie. the tinly little switch on the switch costs more then a few of those guitars:ROTF:

SWEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!

Comment

Nice Strats there Strat God!!!

Comment

Both MIM's and MIA's are good guitars. But when you think about it, the money you will spend in upgrades will bring the cost of a MIM close to a MIA. However if you are fine with the trem and the nut and pickups then the MIM is fine for you. Of course if you are the kind of person that is going to change the pickups in a MIA anyway, then maybe the MIM is better for you.

When you think about it, what is the difference besides the hardware, one is made by skilled mexicans in mexico, and the other is made by skilled mexicans living in the USA.

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                            I recently found out that all the Mexicaster necks are actually produced in Corona, CA and shipped to Mexico for assembly. I'm sure that has alot to do with their popularity.

Not all new MIM's are alder, The deluxe's are poplar I know and tend to be heavy. I believe it was around the year 2000 that the MIM standard became alder.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            I saw somewhere that older MIM strats were poplar then they changed to alder. Don't know when, but I'm pretty sure my 1996 is poplar.

Comment

Working...
                            X