Squier Stagemaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squier Stagemaster

from Matt. You guys have to get one of these. It weighs less than 8 pounds. The pups scream. The neck is great. The balance is perfect. The Floyd is OK. It's just a spectacular "Cheap" guitar. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6304&rd=1&rd=1
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Does it have medium jumbo or jumbo frets?

Comment

Awesome, I've wanted one of the neckthru Stagemasters for a while. I'll probably pick up one this spring if I can find one.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        Does it have medium jumbo or jumbo frets?
        Pretty damn big. I'd say jumbo.

Comment

Thanks fett. I love those thin necks but hate that most models are medium frets.

Comment

Yeah, I love those guitars. Great for the price. Never quite understood why they aeren't more popular. Will most definitely get one, in the future.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Never quite understood why they aeren't more popular
              reverse strat headstock.

Comment

Aw, come on. Reverse headstocks can be cool. It's the colormatched headstock I don't care for. I like just a simple clearcoat.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Aw, come on. Reverse headstocks can be cool
                  I love reverse headstocks just not the fender strat style. Someday I will either but one of these or the fender showmaster though. I won't let reverse headstock stop me forever. Jackson and other pointy style look great reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                    Yeah, I love those guitars. Great for the price. Never quite understood why they aeren't more popular. Will most definitely get one, in the future.
                    It's because before they came out with these, they cheapened the Squier name to the max by switching to plywood bodies on the Affinity and Bullet series of the time. Then they came out with a decent value on a neckthrough guitar and people probably figured they HAD to suck, without even trying them. Also, they were competing with budget guitars like the MusicYo Kramers and the lower and midline Jackson imports. Even though Jackson had no neckthroughs at that price point, you could still get a comparably appointed Dinky, and Jackson has a better name repo than Squier. Even though the MusicYo Kramers aren't "real" Kramers, they LOOK somewhat like Kramers and are dirt cheap.

If Fender had put the Stagemasters out with Fender logos they would've sold more and could've asked more for them. Which is what they did with the Korean Fender Showmaster line. My Squier isn't as pretty, but functionally it's pretty much the same guitar as those, except neckthrough instead of set-neck. And a Floyd knockoff instead of a Wilkinson.

And the fact that I paid $100 instead of $650!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lex, I absolutely agree with what you said. Sadly, people don't realize that not all Squiers are plywood, and some actually play nicely. You're right: If they'd slapped "Fender" on the head, it'd sold more. Shame.

Rich, these days, I'll only play Stratheads. I think my pointy-days are over. I'm more of a rock/hard rock guy, and less of a metal player, anymore. Nothing wrong with either, as I STILL love metal, and I still infuse my metal influences into my guitar work (seems like I MAY be the ONLY one in my band that acknowledges my metal roots.)
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                        Lex, I absolutely agree with what you said. Sadly, people don't realize that not all Squiers are plywood, and some actually play nicely. .)
                        SHHHHHH. Don't tell anyone. How can I corner the market if you say stuff like that?

Comment

Oh! Oops................Right................sorry.... .............. hehe
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

I was actually surprised at how little the guitar was worth considering it's features. Not to mention the fact that it plays and sounds pretty damn good too!

Thanks for the biz Fett!
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

All the better for us guys who dig them. Makes it that much easier for us to buy them, right? hehe.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X