Correct "Wizard" name of my neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct "Wizard" name of my neck?

I've have looked this up many times on several Ibanez related sites but can't ever find exactly what I have. So, does anyone know exactly which "Wizard" neck this is on my RG 570? It has the Bubinga stripe if that helps, and it's from 1999.

I've seen "Wizard II", "Super Wizard", and original "Wizard" which I believe is correct but want to be sure.

Thanks.

image here:

E = Fb

I think that is a Wizard II on your guitar.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

According to the catalogues, the 570 had a Wizard neck.

Comment

Actually it's a super wizard, if it has the center bubinga stripe.

The Super Wizard is supposed to be the same dimensions as the original wizard.

Newer Wizard I's are actually a little thicker and 2mm wider.

Thank Ibanez for the confusion. Thier specs can contradict one another.

If yours has the stripe, it's the closest to the Orignal wizard (they were 1pc. maple with a scarf joint).

Hope that helps.
        Last edited by S-man; 02-04-2007, 04:59 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post

If yours has the stripe, it's the closest to the Orignal wizard (they were 1pc. maple with a scarf joint).

Hope that helps.
          Ah...Crazy Ibanez.

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post

Hope that helps.

Yeah, thanks...that really does help. It has the bubinga stripe which I totally love and the finish is extra smooth and fast. I've been looking at the newer Ibanez models that claim to have a "Wizard" neck and I could feel a huge difference. That's another reason I've been confused. I guess they don't make anything new with the Super Wizard neck???
            E = Fb

Comment

Should be able to find the dimensions from ibanez or jemsite.com. But the different wizard necks or only different by about 1mm so why care?
              I have a '91 rg560 (no stripe) and a '02 rg570 with bubinga stripe and they feel the same to me. I haven't measured them. My friends RG420t.. feels a little thicker. If it is in fact thicker its probably just a thicker finish on it.

Comment

That's a Wizard/Super Wizard neck. There's no dfference since they are the same neck only from different ages ( I don't know when they changed names). Wizard II's are from MIK models.

Comment

1mm thicker and 2mm wider.

I can even tell the differance between my square heel wizard I and AANJ wizard I, which is supposed to be the same specs.

I've never seen a "thick" finish on a wizard I.

They still make a Super Wizard. They are on the J custom guitars.

The new rg20th anniv. has a super wizard. It is 5 pc. with titanium reinforcement. It is the original spec dimensionally.
                  sigpic

Comment

re Thick Finish,
                    the guitar is an RGT42dx, neck-thru so, it has the body colour finish on the back of the neck.

Comment

Your 1999 has a Wizard neck. 17mm up tapering to 20mm. Same as the late '80's dimensions. The '96 that I sold had a Wizard II neck and it had a bubinga stripe and was made in Japan. I prefer the 1mm thicker Wizard II to be honest but, most people go by the notion that the original is better. Wizard II is the closest to PGM spec and are not only found in made in Korea RG's (Mid 90's RG5XX & PGM30 models).
                      Last edited by Robotechnology; 02-06-2007, 08:39 AM.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                      X