Mockingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mockingbird

Bought a BCR mockingbird with the FR speedloader and I have to say the speedloader is pretty cool.Very easy to work on,stringing up is so simple and time saving.Fret work was suprisingly good fit and finish are very nice.The fingerboard looks like ebonol very slick and the pearl inlays look good against the black fretboard.This is a Korean NJ.I see a set of EMGs going in because the body lacks acoustic tone.I'm thinking live wires or maybe a 60/81combo.
    Anybody have one of these?I'm sure Fett does because these are cheap.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I played a Beast with that hideous trem. Blergh.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

The speed loader on the BCR is a Schaller not a Ping.I have a Schaller one I bought a while back good quality unit.I still think the headstock with no holes is useless and odd looking

Comment

I own the Beast version, and although it seems cool at first, it gets to be a pain when you experiment with different tunings. also, be VERY careful not to strip the tuning screws, if you do, everything becomes 10x more of a pain in the ass. It is a pretty cool system, just more of a novelty than a convenience. Although, I'm starting to like it more again, but my next guitar will have an OFR.

Me, I put Bill Lawrence humbuckers in mine. Sounds brutal.
        "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
        Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
        Dimebag Darrell
        Chuck Schuldiner
        Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
          I own the Beast version, and although it seems cool at first, it gets to be a pain when you experiment with different tunings. also, be VERY careful not to strip the tuning screws, if you do, everything becomes 10x more of a pain in the ass. It is a pretty cool system, just more of a novelty than a convenience. Although, I'm starting to like it more again, but my next guitar will have an OFR.
          The worst pain about those are getting hold of strings, you just can't use your favorite brand and gauge.

As for "novelty" the Floyd Rose Speedloader is nothing new.
          20 years ago, a little known company called "Steinberger" came up with a little something called the "Transtrem" which had the tuners at the bridge eliminating the need for a headstock. The transtrem was designed to have the player switch a string and tune it up within seconds

Does that concept sound familiar?

A Steinberger Model M with a transtrem unit.

Comment

I meant novelty as in it sounds cool and works well at first, but becomes more of a pain in the ass over time.
            "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
            Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
            Dimebag Darrell
            Chuck Schuldiner
            Cliff Burton

Comment

The speed loader is way less complicated than the transtrem.I had a Stienberger G vee with the trans trem and it was an OK guitar not earth shattering but well made.

Comment

Working...
              X