X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Or Floyd Rose Lic?

I was looking at a Floyd Rose for my strat and I
    got to looking at the Floyd Rose Lic and on how much
    cheeper it is to the original Floyd Rose.
    I just won't to know if I'm getting the same good Floyd Rose
    when I buy a Lic or is the Lic not as good?

Schaller's licensed Floyd is every bit as good as the OFR.

other licensed Floyds are generally made from cheaper materials, and so will not last or perform as well as the real thing.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

There are a bunch of licenced Floyds out there, ranging from spectacular failures to very good. To me the OFR is the undisputed no.1, but the top-of-the-line Schaller design isn´t far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

other licensed Floyds are generally made from cheaper materials, and so will not last or perform as well as the real thing.
        +1
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            I have to agree but quite honestly, the old Kahler Steelers were just as good, if not, better (my opinion of course )
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Did some (involuntary and pretty expensive) experimenting lately. The OFR is better than the Schaller Floyd.

Comment

John Suhr has been complaining about the OFRs these days having way too many quality issues. He is planning on switching to the Gotoh Floyd apparently.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Most of mine have been good, but the OFR's last longer like Vitamine G said.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                    John Suhr has been complaining about the OFRs these days having way too many quality issues. He is planning on switching to the Gotoh Floyd apparently.
                    I was recommended by the dude who's making my custom guitar not to bother with OFRs considering the cost, and that the Gotoh is just as good.

Comment

Don't forget that Schaller make the OFR!!! Everything is the same quality except the whole baseplate of the OFR is hardened steel as opposed to the Floyd II's Steel baseplate with hardened steel knife edges and saddle bolt inserts. In my opinion, these use better materials than the Gotoh units.

Steve

Comment

OFR...is the only way to go.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Do any of you guys prefer the low pro trems to the OFR's and their copies?...I personally find the lo pro's easier to pick fast on... i find that when i move across the bridge on the OFR's I have to move my hand forward to avoid hitting the fine tuners that are raised up...

Comment

Working...
                          X