American 70s strat vintage series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American 70s strat vintage series

What do you think about the American 70s strat?http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0100070800

I always wanted a strat similar to Blackmore's strats. It has a bullet truss rod. Big headstock. It says on the specs sheet that the three-bolt neck has been improved. I guess it caused some issues before ,comparing to 4-bolt neck? Any opinions about this strat?

First off there is nothing inherently wrong with the original 3 screw neck, and Fender has yet to tell us WHAT exactly is improved on the new ones.

Second, on the rose wood board AV'70sRIS, the neck is compleatly wrong for the era. Fender is putting slab boards and plastic vintage style dots on these. To be era correct it should have a lam board and pearloid dots. The MIM Classic '70s is the same way.

At the price of the MIM I can accept those inacuracies. At the price of an AV RI, however, it is unaccptable IMO. It shouldn't even be called a RI due to this...

Comment

Micro tilt 3 bolts often got a bad rap..reputed stability problem in comparison to a 4 bolt.. in reality they were fine and are now are rather sought after for the period of guitar. If you want a large headstock reissue..invest in a MIJ model. The playability and quality is eqaul to that of the strats produced in USA in the early 70's. Which.. still was a mixed grab bag at times..about 1 in every 5 were to the 'take me home' point.

Comment

Working...
      X