Musikraft neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musikraft neck

These seem to be a reasonably priced, anyone use there products? Thinking about getting a reverse strathead for a project I have underway. I'll post some pics when I figure out how.

I have about 8 or 9 of them. Jim is great to work with and always take care of me. I've had a few that had ougher than normal fret ends but thast not big deal for me to smooth out.

Several of them are shown here on my site

shawnlutz.com

Comment

I've had 3 - all as good as or better than Warmoth quality

Comment

When ordering what back shape do they consider San Dimas? They have D, chunky D, C, chunky C. For everything else (hs, heal dimensions, etc.)they reference Charvel, but on bac shape they dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          I have about 8 or 9 of them. Jim is great to work with and always take care of me. I've had a few that had ougher than normal fret ends but thast not big deal for me to smooth out.

Several of them are shown here on my site

http://www.shawnlutz.com/myguitars.htm

Whoa, those guitars are beautiful. The first four are amazing; the teal and purple are actually what my dream guitar would be (with direct-mounted pickups though). If you don't mind me asking, where did you get these? Built them?

Thanks

Jeff
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          Kiesel Aries
          Charvel USA Wild Card #3
          EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Those guitars are sweet, any suggestions on the neck profile and wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
              I've had 3 - all as good as or better than Warmoth quality
              +1 I have 6 of them. The figured wood avaliablity/quality is much better with Musikraft. Jim will take care of you. The fretwork dressing is pretty decent, but not as good as Warmoth IMO.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                Whoa, those guitars are beautiful. The first four are amazing; the teal and purple are actually what my dream guitar would be (with direct-mounted pickups though). If you don't mind me asking, where did you get these? Built them?

Thanks

Jeff
                Thanks Jeff, of the first four, the top three I built myself from parts. The 4th one is a GMW I bought off eBay.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  Thanks Jeff, of the first four, the top three I built myself from parts. The 4th one is a GMW I bought off eBay.
                  Where did you get the body by chance?

Thanks

Jeff
                  ---------------------------------------------------------
                  Kiesel Aries
                  Charvel USA Wild Card #3
                  EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                    The fretwork dressing is pretty decent, but not as good as Warmoth IMO.
                    you know that warmoth does no fret dressing whatsoever, right?

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Neither company does AFAIK, however the warmoth necks I've gotten have been pretty much perfect, so whatever they do, they do it pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                        you know that warmoth does no fret dressing whatsoever, right?

sully
                        Yes I'm aware of this, and I never have had to do a fret level and re-crown on any of their necks. I have 11 of them ranging from 1985 to 2006. Maybe I've been lucky. The frets were level and the fret ends met the fingerboard nicely and were polished. The Musikraft necks, I've had to do the fret ends and do the crowns and polish them. I did not have to level them which was good as well.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i'm just givin' ya shit. of the 3 necks that i have from them, i've had to do fretwork on one (and also had to fix some ebony cracks, which is crazy easy anyway).

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            i'm just givin' ya shit. of the 3 necks that i have from them, i've had to do fretwork on one (and also had to fix some ebony cracks, which is crazy easy anyway).

sully
                            :ROTF: I thought it maybe late night funnyness

I noticed from time to time Warmoth ads looking for candidates for doing fretwork. I wonder if some employees don't last long enough there?

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                              Where did you get the body by chance?

Thanks

Jeff
                              I bought then on ebay unfinished from the seller formulaford. Musikraft can build them for you.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X