Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody seen this? Gibbo Les Paul causes cancer or explodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody seen this? Gibbo Les Paul causes cancer or explodes?

My buddy got this e-mail from Gibson. I knew there was a reason old Slash can burn up a fretboard, but maybe he should start wearing a lead suit? The Les Paul Forum didn't seem to like it too much and pulled it.....whoa-ho-ho ha....hummmm, wonder why?
    Hello Jon,
    I should also mention the reason the fretboard inlay on the Les Paul Standard and Studio models has a yellow look is due to OSHA compliance. The pearloid is flammable and a carcinogen when sanded and cut and causes safety issues in manufacturing. Setting up a return authorization will most likely not be a warranty issue.
    Best Regards,
    Gibson Customer Service
    1-800-444-2766 x 1
    AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, & MSN Messenger users can now IM Gibson Customer Service at [email protected]!
    Gibson Customer Service IM is available 9:00am-4:00pm CST Monday-Friday.
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:11 PM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: Les Paul Limited Standard
    I recently received a Gibson Standard Les Paul Limited Edition guitar that I purchased from Guitar Center. It has the wrong parts. The fingerboard inlays are from a Classic model. They are green not pearl like the picture shows. I called them and they were not very helpful at all. They said I can send it back for a replacement or refund, which will cost me over $50 to ship. I would like a replacement but they told me that they cannot promise it will have the right parts since, Gibson ran out of the white inlays last year. They said if I arrange to send it back to Gibson it will be a warranty replacement. How do I go about arranging this? Thank you for the help.
    Jon XXXXXXXX
    It's totally original.
    Here's the source path Received: from mailfe.gibson.com ([65.210.134.135]) by rwcrmxc23.comcast.net (rwcrmxc23) with SMTP id <20070125051918r2300rmbhae>; Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:19:18 +0000X-Originating-IP: [65.210.134.135]Received: from GMIMAIL.gibson.com ([10.1.30.11]) by mailfe.gibson.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:19:28 -0600X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5Content-class: urn:content-classes:messageMIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C74040.61A28279"Subject: Re: Les Paul Limited StandardDate: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:19:26 -0600Message-ID: <D883B0AA05C1484A9832C32D82007F98B79075@GMIMAIL. gi bson.com>X-MS-Has-Attach: X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: Thread-Topic: Re: Les Paul Limited StandardThread-Index: AcdAQGKUeYRG9tkiR/WiBFVk6qa9Vg==From: "Roger Ball" <[email protected]>To: <[email protected]>Return-Path: xxxxxxxxx@gibson.comX-OriginalArrivalTime: 25 Jan 2007 05:19:28.0200 (UTC) FILETIME=[62BD3480:01C74040]
    Last edited by Jeff Albertson; 02-14-2007, 11:27 AM.

I guess I am old and stupid. That email didn't make sense.
    "Setting up a return authorization will most likely not be a warranty issue."

Is that supposed to mean if you return it, it's not a warranty issue?

Is it supposed to mean that they put carcinogenic/osha problem parts on Customs only?

Are they saying "tough sh!t" or "send it in"?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

That was the second reply. The first one said to send it in for a "warranty evaluation". I can tell you from experience. A "warranty evaluation" last about one day longer than the return period with the merchant. They pulled this crap on me a few times. I learned the hard way when I sent them a LP Standard that hade a horse-sheet fret job. Three upper frets weren't pounded into the board all the way. They just went ahead and leveled them off...You could still see the tang! I got it with a 45 day return policy. They kept it for over 40 days and then sent it back to me..."Our warranty team looked at it and they cannot find any problems"..sucker!

I get kick out of how they tried to punk the peeps by shipping a million or so Standards with green inlays. I got a Blue Standard Limited Edition with Yellow inlays...it looked ridiculous with white binding. Funny thing look at EVERY picture of a LP Standard..they ALL have white inlays.

No this is more of a pudd alert post....jerks!

Comment

My Nov 2006 faded Mahogony LP studio has the white trapazoid inlays they have a hint of yellow but are mostly white.They are very figured and quite beautiful.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My 93 Standard has yellowish inlays. Of course, I smoke, and have played it in bars

Then again, why is Gibson putting pearloid inlays on USA Gibsons, and not MOP?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            My 93 Standard has yellowish inlays. Of course, I smoke, and have played it in bars

Then again, why is Gibson putting pearloid inlays on USA Gibsons, and not MOP?
            They're Gibson :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              They're Gibson :ROTF:
              "Hello this is Gibson...we need to have some inlays made. Do you have a pot big enough to melt down a whole bunch of old car bumpers and milk jugs? Oh, and you could dump in some toxic waste too? What...hummm that's flamable? Maybe you could just add some asbestos to keep it from burning up?......HOW MUCH? Okay forget the asbestos. Oh...and we need them to look like 97 years old fungal toe nails."

Isn't that a kick in the nuts? No only is is super-cheapoidal plactsic. It looks retarded, is carcinogenic and ah....flammable.

Comment

You have to wonder who's worse...

Gibson or .....

It's just all about the money anymore. Fuck the musicians.

Comment

Well, starving artists ARE starving.....

From a business standpoint, it's great. As a customer, it sucks. Both Gib and Jackson look at the money, because that's what pays the bills (or rather, pays the bills and leaves a whole lot left over to line the pockets with).
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                    You have to wonder who's worse...

Gibson or .....

It's just all about the money anymore. Fuck the musicians.
                    Gibson's like microsoft. Big, fat, ugly, content with pumping out crap because they've already spun the market. Damn, I'll admit 50% of what I got from Gibson is mainly for show or investment. Hell, the way they crank prices every year? It a beter investment than real estate!

Damn, years ago, they were still just as quirky quality but they weren't chargin an arm and a leg. Slash gonna get paid. Fer the luv of Floyd; which is why I started playing a charvel in the late 80's (like everyone else).

WTF...if I made a statement like what I'm giving out causes is hazardous, I would spend the next 6 year trying to alphabetize the first week of lawsuits.

Causes cancer, WTF?

Comment

Celluloid mostly causes cancer for the workers, sanding down the fretboards and creating dust that they breath in.

The reason people want it is because that's what the 50s LPs had, and people want their new LPs to look just like one from the 50s.

I don't give a shit about what Gibson is doing now, because I have the Les Pauls I'll be taking to the grave with me, and need no more. If I needed more, I'd buy used.

Comment

Working...
                      X