Musikraft vs Warmoth vs Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musikraft vs Warmoth vs Fender

Ahh I posted something like this before but I'm still not sure what to do. I have a loaded Fender '62 Vintage body and I sold the neck off it. I picked it up super cheap from MF like $600(!). It had a blue headstock and I wanted a wider nut. I was going to just throw an after market neck on it and call it a day....now I'm having second thoughts

Is a Musikraft or Warmoth neck as good, better than or not as good as the stock (American made) Fender? Í hate to buck up $350-$450 for a Musikraft or a Warmoth and then not dig it....help!

I had a Warmoth neck on an old Strat Plus body.Oiled with huge frets and compound radius.IMO,it felt better than any Fender I have ever played.I have probably owned about a dozen Strats over the years(Including CS),some of them were great players,but this one was better.

Comment

i can't speak for musikraft b/c i've never played one of their necks, but i've only liked one fender neck that i've ever come across, and that was on a 1960 slab board strat. other than that, i just can't deal with their neck radius. i really do like the warmoth necks, and many others enjoy musikraft.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Warmoth vs Shannon made? I have a Shannon bolt on from this year....amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
          Warmoth vs Shannon made? I have a Shannon bolt on from this year....amazing!
          Huh? Mike Shannon as in J/C? Now you are comparing Warmoth with Charvel Jackson. The Warmoth "Standard Thin" is my favorite and is a "C" shape, and also is the most popular seller at Warmoth. Musikraft makes many shapes, as well the standard "C" and is a very close copy of the Fender "C" shape. Also remember with a Warmoth or Musikraft neck you have many options on back shape and fretboard radius. More so than a Fender neck. Just food for thought.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I love the custom Tele neck I got from Warmoth.
            wasn't cheap but it was pretty much perfect.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

That's kinda of where it's falling. When I put a decent one togther it's around $450 to $500. I'd like to get stainless frets and a dual action truss and the adjuster in the side of the heel. But...I hate to buck up that dough if it's "just an average neck".

Comment

That's kinda of where it's falling. When I put a decent one togther it's around $450 to $500. I'd like to get stainless frets and a dual action truss and the adjuster in the side of the heel. But...I hate to buck up that dough if it's "just an average neck".
                mine was around $270, has the dual action side adjustable truss rod, birdseye neck and fretboard, but regular frets. you should be able to get what you want from Warmoth for around $300 or so, I think the SS frets are only $30 more?

again, their quality is top notch and the fret job was excellent.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Warmoth has some great pre-built necks that are decent priced man. You should be able to get a good one for 300 bucks or so.

chuck
                  "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Was going to get rosewood neck or ebony neck and a Wolfgang back shape with a 1 3/4'' nut width. I hade a few WG's and just couldn't get used to the skinny nut width.
                    Geez...I just hate to get the thing and find some dumb problem like bad fretwork or cracks in the board, etc. The freakin return policy doesn't cover anything done custom........

Comment

I have a Warmoth "bound" neck that will rival any custom shop axe in my collection, at a fraction of the price.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Warmoth is just a few miles from my work. I need to get my ass over there and check it out. I can't recall a complant about those guys.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I've had Warmoth and Musikraft. They both are good. And you get the benefit of custom ordering it with the options you want.

Comment

Geez...I just hate to get the thing and find some dumb problem like bad fretwork or cracks in the board, etc. The freakin return policy doesn't cover anything done custom........
                            they say on their site that you should expect to have to do fretwork; they make this very clear. if you've got cracks in the ebony (which i did on a neck that i got from them), it's way easier to fix (takes all of 5-10 minutes) and forget it than to deal with sending it back and getting a new one. i most certainly wouldn't (and haven't) let those concerns keep me from buying from them.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I had a blue furry warmoth ZZ-Top special- all warmoth parts and it played and felt like juicy 20 year old box. I loved that guitar.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X