No announcement yet.

Musikraft vs Warmoth vs Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figure, I'll give them a try. Next. Birdseye maple neck or rosewood neck for a light blue Strat. I've always wanted to try a rosweood neck, but never had one....anybody been there? I mean it shouldn't be dramatically different from maple, right?

Comment

should be warmer and more mellow than a maple neck.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Jeff - buy what you want from Warmoth, then have the neck plek'd. www.plek.com - it's a robotic fret dress that is much more accurate than a person can do. Suhr and San Dimas guitars among others have it done to all their new guitars. Probably run you around $150 and the guitar will play like freaking butter.

BTW, the Warmoth necks that I've ordered/owned were fine as is right out of the box, and I'm pretty picky. I think they just say that to cover their asses if someone tries to get 1/64th action at the last fret.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
          Jeff - buy what you want from Warmoth, then have the neck plek'd. www.plek.com - it's a robotic fret dress that is much more accurate than a person can do. Suhr and San Dimas guitars among others have it done to all their new guitars. Probably run you around $150 and the guitar will play like freaking butter.

BTW, the Warmoth necks that I've ordered/owned were fine as is right out of the box, and I'm pretty picky. I think they just say that to cover their asses if someone tries to get 1/64th action at the last fret.

Pete
          That's probably the right idea.... maybe, i just get a simple one to get an idea of what I'm getting into first. That strat body is sort of a beater project anyway.
          I spent some time looking at the site....maybe blow a coin on a tele with a floyd, if it all works out.
          I have a couple of pleked LP's and they're okay, but it seems to be about as good as a good fret guy and about 3x the price. Mybe it was just the guitars I have?

Comment

Working...
          X