Little Help............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
    is there is a clear coating over the back of that neck or is that raw wood?
    coated.......I think I'm gonna call Gibson directly to see but it's lookin' grim
    While we're on the subject someone my want to look into :
    "pickaguitar.com" for more of the same.....sketchy Gibsons and Fenders at too good to be true prices, not where I got this one but they seem to be shovelling the same pile..........
    I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Yep, those are definite fakes. I wonder if they are making those at the new Gibson epi factory? If so, I doubt Gibson does anything at all about it.

chuck
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Definitely a fake. How much did you pay for it?

The headstock "open book" shape is off. The Zakk decal is the wrong color. The custom shop logo is in the wrong place. The stinger isn't shaped correctly. The body color is wrong. The serial number is wrong. Etc, etc....
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The fake plays/sounds better than the real thing?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
            Definitely a fake. How much did you pay for it?
            About $425CAD, had my doubts when I bought it but pulled the trigger anyways, like I said it's playable enough and cool enough to look at that I don't consider it a complete screw-job......live & learn.........
            BTW....not only Canadian but in Ontario too.....COOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              The fake plays/sounds better than the real thing?
              I don't know if I'd go that far............but good enuf to keep me from smashing the fucker against the wall (the guitar that is)...........

Comment

I emailed them a bunch of questions about the Zakk they show. It will be interesting to see what they say about where it is made and such.

chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Let me know what you hear.........ask 'em about a strat too......
                  ooohhhhh.......my achin' pride.........

Comment

Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
                    About $425CAD, had my doubts when I bought it but pulled the trigger anyways, like I said it's playable enough and cool enough to look at that I don't consider it a complete screw-job......live & learn.........
                    I don't think $425 is too bad, if you got a guitar that you like & that plays well & sounds good.

The Epi Zakks cost about AU$1800 over here. Finding a solid, nice playing fake for $400-odd, I wouldn't complain.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
                      I emailed them a bunch of questions about the Zakk they show. It will be interesting to see what they say about where it is made and such.

chuck
                      Yeah they all seem to have the same symptoms as mine......did you see the cases for $0.01?................

Comment

God damn chinese fakes. I am glad you did not pay through the gills for it.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
                          I'd say for $425 you got a pretty cool replica. Yeah it's a fake, but considering for a real one, you'd pay probably 4 times that, you got a good deal. It looks very nice, and as long as it plays well, you're good. Have you taken the pickups out to look at how the body is constructed. It would be interesting to know whether it is solid mahogany or not. You should get yourself a set of Zakk EMGs 81/85 for it.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

81/85 set is the plan, I was planning to take it apart, but more to check out if these are even real HZ's, the stamp seems fishy to me compared to the 3's I have in one of my JAX.............

Comment

I haven't the words.............I'll let it speak for itself............

I leave the construction speculation to you...........

Comment

Why does everyone get upset about these Chinese fakes, when they're so easy to spot? It's always the serial number! If you can see wood through the stamp in the paint, it's NOT a Gibson!

How many people have never seen a real USA Gibson in person? Can't be very many, yet they all end up here

And what's the problem with the fake HZs? Does the guitar play like it's worth $425CDN? If it does, put in some real pickups and get over it.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X