No announcement yet.

New Custom Robin Medley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is beautiful.What a piece of Ash!!!!

Comment

Outstanding!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Beautiful! I've never played a Robin. I remember seeing J. from White Zombie playing them years ago and always wondered about them.

Comment

Nice. No inlays, reverse headstock... I like.

How do the pickups sound. How does it stack up to your CS Demon?
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I've always dug on Robins, and that's about the finest looking Robin I've seen. Very cool.

Comment

That guitar is right up my alley... WOW!

How much was it... pm me if you'd like.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Kudo's... sweet neck
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
                  Nice. No inlays, reverse headstock... I like.

How do the pickups sound. How does it stack up to your CS Demon?
                  I have not had a chance to plug it in yet - have been out of town.
                  From the brief amount of time I played it - it is lighter due to the different wood.
                  Less resonance perhaps. The notes on the Custom Jackson just swell when you play them.
                  The neck on the Robin is not as wide.
                  The strings are really low on the Robin - really low. I have to get the strings the same heigth on both guitars to make a fair comparison.
                  Harmonics on the Robin are outstanding unplugged.

I need more time for a fair evaluation. But the Robin is nice any way you slice it. A little different animal due to the wood combo and neck width.
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

That's gorgeous. I love that neck.

Comment

I've played a few Robins and they have all been really nice guitars. Yours looks like it is no exception. Very Cool!

=GPS

Comment

Well I have had some time with it and here are my impressions.

It needs tweaking. It does not have the sound of my Jackson Demon in that the Jackson is more articulate, has better sustain and a deeper sound.

Of course the Jackson is a much heavier guitar and is Maple/Mahogany. The Robin is Ash - which is supposedly still suppose to have good sound.
                        So it could be my choice of wood. The ebony board seems "quieter" than my maple necks. On my Jackson the notes just swell asnd ring out when you vibrato them. Frets seem a little smaller on the Robin - or just fretted lower.
                        Not as good of a feel on the fretboard.

The pups are over 1/4" away from the strings so I have to get them closer. They did not send me any adjustment tools with the guitar and I called them. Robin told me they received the wrong tools from the manufacturer and had to send them back and get the proper fitting wrenches. Hmmm.... I find that a bit odd. How did they set up my guitar then ???

On the positive side the guitar is probably the most comfortable guitar I have ever played. Nice and light and superb upper register access. If I can get it to sound better I will be happy.

The strings and neck relief could be another issue. The neck is pretty flat and the strings are absurdely low. So I think the guitar is losing tone because the strings are so low. I am going to have to play with the bridge heigth and neck relief when I get my damn tools!
                        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Very nice guitar mate-congrats -only thing is,it now makes me wish I had bought the Machete bass that was in my shop in the early 90's
                          http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

LOVE the neck!

Comment

Working...
                            X