I pulled the trigger on an Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pulled the trigger on an Explorer

As you guys might recall I was ready to pull the plug on a Jackson kelly but when the guitar arrived at the shop I was appalled in what state it arrived, it simply was unplayable.

Luckily the shop keeper agreed with me and said that he might have a far better deal for me so he gave me a Samick explorer to try out which had a few scuffs in the finish and thus went out for 40% less than the new price. I played it and it sounded really good and it had a neck profile similar to the one of my red Les Paul. Because of the tiny headstock it's not as neck heavy as a real gibson or an epiphone. Needless to say I bought it.

I was expecting it to be made from plywood but it's not, it has a solid alder body with a set in mahogany neck. A really cool guitar for only 120 Euro.

Nice! Good discount!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Cool, I got a Samick V that is killer for the price. Nice score man!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I love Explorers. good buy!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          I love Explorers. good buy!
          +1

Comment

That's pretty nice. Samick actually make some good guitars.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well today I put the EMG pickups in that were meant for the Kelly and BOY did they improve the sound. It rips like a hot rod.

Comment

Samick makes guitars for a bunch of other higher priced brands in there factory. Nice score!

Comment

very nice

Comment

Working...
                  X