Dear JCF, :points:, :lol: love, Widowmaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walock Exotic updated!

Got the guitar today from Nicholas(Jacksonite). It's a very nice piece and my most visually attractive guitar. I like the combination of the classy spalted maple top with the classic evil vibe of the Warlock body. The guitar plays well although I haven't set it up yet. The Rockfield humbucker has a lot of mids. Also, I am a complete sucker for one hum guitars(I got a DK6 as soon as they debuted at NAMM a few years ago). Gives my Randall a "Reign in Blood" era tone. The guitar is fairly heavy too. Frets are nice, nothing sharp. Hardware seems very solid and thickly plated. We'll see how it wears. Inlays are gorgeous, they appear to be MOP although I can't say for sure. Vol and tone knobs work smoothly and have a set screw-not simply a push on knob. Nut is a nicely done graphite style with no visible burrs. Also, the guitar is made in Korea, not China(see photo).

Seems that BC Rich is turning the corner. Nothing about this guitar is reminiscent of their last few years work. I know, as I owned a import 99 modelWarlock supreme.

Thanks to Nick who got on the phone with BC Rich the day I said I wanted it. It's a beautiful guitar and one which I will enjoy for a long time. Thanks again and enjoy the pics... I'm gonna play Angel of Death.

Comment

Interesting! I heard they moved *all* production to China. News to me.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Also interesting-The calibre series is being made somewhere in Europe.

http://bcrich.com/warlock_calibre.html

Comment

I knew about the Calibre series. "Hand crafted" in Russia/Czech republic. They're already starting to show up on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/CCBGQ-B-C-Rich-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

So you'll be adding one to your collection?

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
              So you'll be adding one to your collection?
              Uhhh...no. I try to stick to the vintage USA-made stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X