Epiphone Zak LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Zak LP

I friend of mine is looking to purchase the above axe with orange/black target graphics for the ultimate metal groove. I'm suggesting (forgive me I didn't record the model number) a $900.00 CND Jackson with active pick-ups. Nice axe BTW.

In your opinion should he get the Epi, the Jac or a classic Gib/Fen/Char/Gretch?

He's all about intro's.... crazy train/Bark at the moon/Dr feel-good etc. Not so much into theory.

All opinions and links are welcome, I think he's going to take a plunge early next week.

your experienced input is appreciated.

Spud

Well, a Gretsch probably isn't gonna do Crazy Train very well. Stray Cats, Brian Setzer is more their territory. Try them all, though! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
      Well, a Gretsch probably isn't gonna do Crazy Train very well. Stray Cats, Brian Setzer is more their territory. Try them all, though! Have fun!
      thanks, I could pull it off using the Bigsby for the neck bend part lmao. GRTCH off the map. One down so many to go...
      Last edited by SpudBoy; 02-19-2007, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I have a Zakk Epi and it's a great guitar for the money. Also the the unfinished maple neck on it.............
        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Mine will be here soon that I am getting from 357 Customs:ROTF: Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
            Ever the optimist Jack.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I tried one of the Zakk camo jobs the other day. I've got to admit that I was woefully underwhelmed. A lot of it just screamed "cheapo copy" to me. And I've played several other Epi LP models that seemed like a lot more import value for the money.

I also played a Jackson import D2KM. That was pretty nice, except for the fact that the set-up just plain blew chunks. Not anywhere near touching my USAs, but the price-to-value equation was really working well there.

Comment

Did they finally come in?

Comment

OUCH

Comment

Well, you can take the LP off your list too. The intro to Dr. Feelgood requires a whammy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      Well, you can take the LP off your list too. The intro to Dr. Feelgood requires a whammy bar.
                      Nah, you can just wiggle the neck to and fro.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

he should get a used Carvel 750xl. for a little more then $900 he could get a Gibson Explorer. So, many good guitars out there, and if he likes LesPaul type guitars there are several "copies" for good prices, he could get an Agile and a Xavier LP type guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by maxboost View Post
                            he should get a used Carvel 750xl.
                            I'm not sure how an Ice Cream cake is going to help him out.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              I'm not sure how an Ice Cream cake is going to help him out.

Man those are great cakes, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X