Ibanez RG 5EX 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RG 5EX 1

To start things off, that is the greatest model number ever. I bought one of these today at guitar center (got a nice price on it today). Its awesome. The pickups scream, the trem is great, and it looks awesome. The hardware is a nice brushed alumiun color, while the body is a matte pewter. Finally the inlays are a black pearloid. Reverse headstock too. anyone else own one of these?
    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 02-25-2007, 07:18 PM.

this post is meaningless without pics

Comment

Originally posted by SpudBoy View Post
      this post is meaningless without pics
      I know, I need a new camera man :ROTF: Pictures tomorrow, I hope...

Comment

I saw that at GC today too, dropped the price down to like $349, right?

Comment

Yeah, but I got them to deal down to $325.

Comment

Damn! For that kind of money, how can you go wrong?

Good score and glad you're diggin' it.

Comment

Well, I should have known better when it said "Made in Indonesia" (sp?) on the headstock. The 5th string saddle on this is crap. The string doesnt want to say in, and when I get it in it comes out after tuning it up. Talk about "Ibinhad"

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                Well, I should have known better when it said "Made in Indonesia" (sp?) on the headstock. The 5th string saddle on this is crap. The string doesnt want to say in, and when I get it in it comes out after tuning it up. Talk about "Ibinhad"

What a load of crap, but I'm no surprised. I'd return it, and save up some more cabbage for an SL3 or Model 6. But thats me. Ibinhad a few times myself.
                Guitars:
                '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                Amp:
                VOX AD30VT

Comment

Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                    Go to Guitar Center.com man :ROTF: Not taking pictures of something I m about to return. Though to wet peoples appetite Im considering a bleu crackle Aria a shop has, a Korina Epiphone Explorer, or a nice red MIJ Squier Strat. Stay tuned

Comment

We took it back, and the guy there said it was possible a piece of the old string was in there, so after fiddling around he got it in fine with no trouble

Comment

Well I knew htis wasnt gonna end well. Today I wa splaying and the 2nd string just broke. I was even touching it. Now the issue is its about 4 days past 30days, so what the hell should I do to return this thing?

Comment

Go talk to the Manager of Guitar Center and tell him "C'mon man, this is only a month old and I'm not happy". He'll do something for you.

Rule 1: "Don't buy Indonesian Ibanez guitars !!!"
                          Rule 2: "Buy Japanese or American Ibanez guitars !!!"

* or a Jackson for that matter *

Comment

Well since the head of their guitar department ther eis a nice guy and has worked with us I'm hoping we can work something out. Even though I would prefe rmy cash back, as there is an RR5 at another dealer that has had the price hacked to levels I cant mention here I'm G.A.Ssing for, I'd be happy with an exchange for something else.

Comment

wait a min! dont GC's accept returns upto 45 days?
                              Last edited by emperor_black; 03-22-2007, 07:15 PM.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X