No announcement yet.

The ultimate superstrat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is neck thru essential to superstratdom?
    I would think not necessarily, but a sculpted heel would be a minimum (required for a "super" strat, not that I am super enough to require it myself).

Something like an HM Strat would get my preference
    Professional Soloist would define Superstrat for me.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

If we're talking STOCK guitar. It would have to be the one that started the whole "super strat" movement: The Jackson Soloist. Speficially the SL1. All your tones are they baby!

Comment

Jackson Soloist SL2H with coil taps, a blocked Floyd, and an oiled neck....

Used Carvin DC's are amazing...... I pray one day they will make my 25.5" scale DC!

Comment

EBMM Silo w/ piezo.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            I didn't want to shit on anybodys thread but what the heck.
            I agree that a Model 4 is a good choice but whats up with your suggestion of a single hum $1000.00 Rols??? The least versatile guitar you could ever own would be a single hum guitar. C'mon bro.. get with the program. How are you gonna do blues with a Floyded single hum guitar! :ROTF:
            Heh, heh...versatile isn't my thing. I'm still trying to figure out how to play one style of music well, so I don't worry about branching into other stuff like blues!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              Do you have a link to this guys site? After the huge price hike at Jackson, I am looking other ways. Thanks-Jack.
              Here ya go, Jack...http://www.rolsguitars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                EBMM Silo w/ piezo.
                + 1 on the Silo, and how 'bout a Hamer
                Californian?

theo

Comment

i like the brian moore i series guitars.
                  2 hums, coil splittable, comes with piezo and midi options.
                  another contender is the godins 3 voice models.
                  similar to the brian moore's in options, but comes in 24 frets.

Comment

as much as i LOVE my jackson's, my brian moore, my modded fender's, the BEST affordable "super" strat would have to be the ibanez RG guitars. they have SO many options, configurations, wood choices, etc....and at VERY reasonable prices. they aren't my favorite anymore, but you really can't knock them too much.....especially for the quality vs. price....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

parts pigs get my nod. You can build them yourself to your exact specs....

http://www.shawnlutz.com/myguitars.htm are a few of my parted together fiddles..
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

This one right here baby .....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I think with The Godin Freeway models are suppose to be a pretty good deal for the money..
                          they have one that comes with real EMG 81's installed already for around $500

Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Godin Freeway EMG Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Comment

Usa fender floyd rose strat.

Comment

I'd say a strat with a humbucker.

That, or something like a Zion Radicaster. Any strat style guitar with a floyd.

Something with a strong neck.

Comment

HM Strat!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X