looking for original Kramer info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for original Kramer info

just walked into a local shop and they've had this bubble gim pink Kramer in there forever because they wanted like 500 about 10 years ago, and about 4 years ago I walked in and they told me they wanted 700, so I laughed and walked out.
    Just for the hell of it, I stopped by on lunch today and sure enough it's still there, so I said to the woman behind the counter, "Is this still tagged at 700 or something like that", sounding frustrated she says, "no, I've had it forever and I just want it out, so I'll let it go for 175."
    I didn't get the serial number, but it's a H/S/S, 5 way and a coil tap. Truss cover said F600 if I remember correctly.
    it looks like new except for a nickel size chunk on the edge of where your picking forearm rests and a little dinged down by the input jack, other that that it looks great.
    Any info?
    Is it work the 175?

VintageKramer is a good place to start. But hell, for $175 I'd pick that baby up anyway

Comment

F6000 maybe?

http://www.vintagekramer.com/forcat/88focus5.jpg
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Well I did look on vintage kramer, maybe because i don't know much about kramer, I have a hard time finding the info I'm looking for.
        I have a kramer 615, and it seems like this is a similar model, but the body and neck felt a little thicker.

Comment

thanks, but it was not a neck through.

Comment

What kind of trem does it have out of interest?

Comment

It was a floyd, not sure if it was a licensed floyd though.

Comment

Local shop had one at one time like that, minus the F600 on the trussrod cover and coiltap, but it had the model on the headstock. Sorry, not a clue.

Comment

thanks anyway, this just have the block logo that got smaller toward the end.
                  No big deal, 175 is cheap, I was just wondering if it was a steal, or about what it sould be.

Comment

A F6000 is a newer version Focus 6000. Made by ESP. The neck should be IDENTICAL to the same era "Kramer American" neck minus the "American" logo (at least it will feel idetical). The neck should be a three piece maple with tilt back pointy headstock. ESP electronics/pickups, black REAL Floyd, non pickguard HSS, black hardware. If it's in good shape I would snag it imediatly for that kind of dough. If you don't want it, let me know the details, I might take it!

Comment

oh, so i may have read it wrong and it's a F6000 instead of a F600?

from your post it sounds like what I saw.
                      I'm trying to come up with the coin, I'll know tomorrow, if I can do it, i'll let you know.

Comment

Is the bridge pickup slanted? If so it's an F-6000 like the one pictured below minus the reversed headstock.

Comment

yes i believe it was slanted.

Comment

Some were plywood check first.The neck is worth it.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm kinda dumb to how to check without taking off the neck or pickups out?

Comment

Working...
                              X