looking for original Kramer info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Some were plywood check first.The neck is worth it.
    No Focus or F series guitars were plywood.

Comment

That looks like it is a Focus 6000 with a lefty neck put on it. The Focus 6000 never had a reverse headstock. The F6000 is somewhat different than the Focus 6000. Most notable differences are black hardware, tilt back headstock/3 piece neck, and 5 way switch vs Focus' mini toggles. Both the Foucus 6000 and the F6000 will have a tilted bridge pickup.

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
      Is the bridge pickup slanted? If so it's an F-6000 like the one pictured below minus the reversed headstock.

Comment

I just got back from checking it out (again)and yes it's an F-6000.
        I played it and it feels pretty good, original floyd, black hardware and yes the neck seemed similar to the Americans to the best of my knowledge. It had a little bow in it, but for the most part, it's in good shape.
        The pickups sounded a little weak, but I like Tone Zones and Super Distrotions.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLPLTD View Post
          I'm kinda dumb to how to check without taking off the neck or pickups out?
          For future refernce, plug it in and tap on the body in a few spots, If you get a noticible hollow sound. However that is not fool proof. Plywood guitars however will not have trems (or at least ones I've incountered).

Comment

For overseas Kramers, there were three main lines: Focus, Strikers, and Aerostars. An F-6000 is a Japanese made Focus with an alder or poplar body, made by ESP. The pickups will be Duncan designed, although the earlier ones did have a real Duncan JB in the bridge.

For $175, it's a good deal if you're looking for a fun player to use and abuse. Even cooler if there's a maple board with the pink body, 80s!

Strikers and Aerostars were made in Korea and have plywood bodies. Generally speaking, all Strikers have a crappy pot-metal Floyd Rose II and most Aerostars have a Fulcrum non-locking trem.

George
            kramerforum.com

Comment

Working...
            X