Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ESP Viper, a Patrick Eggle Iommi model rip-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thread is about the SG shape. So everyone will assume you meant Gibson.
    4 of my guitars are J/Cs and the one esp is in pieces and cost $85.
    Another one MIGHT have a M1 body but again $160 for the guitar.
    So NO guilt here. ESP copies mostly Gibson and Jackson, so I know you are not saying that ESPs are better than Jacksons.
    Your confused
    I am not the confused one who owns lots of guitars from a certain company, then cuts down their quality.
    Last edited by Rich#6; 03-01-2007, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      The thread is about the SG shape. So everyone will assume you meant Gibson.
      4 of my guitars are J/Cs and the one esp is in pieces and cost $85.
      Another one MIGHT have a M1 body but again $160 for the guitar.
      So NO guilt here. ESP copies mostly Gibson and Jackson, so I know you are not saying that ESPs are better than Jacksons.
      I am not the confused one who owns lots of guitars from a certain company, then cuts down their quality.
      I stand by the original comment...you're confused. Granted, I'll rip any company " a new one" when they deserve it. Who better to judge? Someone who play and owns a lot of guitars or someone that doesn't.

I have no problem saying it. ESP make top notch design-knock-offs, usually better than the compnay that designed it in the first place. IMHO..is that better?

Comment

I stand by the original comment...you're confused. Granted, I'll rip any company " a new one" when they deserve it. Who better to judge? Someone who play and owns a lot of guitars or someone that doesn't.

I have no problem saying it. ESP make top notch design-knock-offs, usually better than the compnay that designed it in the first place. IMHO..is that better?
        The whole issue is that you refuse to admit you where bashing Gibson. Yes you may have made a blanket statement but they are among the copied.
        I admit it you are a good judge of someone that could say if the quality of the ESPs are better then Gibson, but I see you still buy them. THIS confuses me. If ESPs are better I would switch myself. I'll have to eat my words if you own any ESPs.:ROTF: I try to judge each guitar for itself without any brand loyalty, but I will always own more J/Cs then anything else.

Comment

whew.. Um I like my SG, and My LP's. I happen to think Esp went south many years ago..

Comment

Working...
          X