No announcement yet.

I'm about to build myself a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job on the body. I would suggest a spoke shave for the contours as well as a random cut file. They help alot and make the job way easier. Another suggestion is to use super glue to pore fill the wood before you apply your finish or stained sealer coat. It makes a big difference if you aren't spraying polyester. There will be a whole bunch of other considerations if you go the neck through route the next time. Building a neck is a way different beast than a body and compounded by the neck thru construction. But with planning and good measuring, it can happen. Measure twice, maybe 3, cut once.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
      Nice job on the body. I would suggest a spoke shave for the contours as well as a random cut file. They help alot and make the job way easier. Another suggestion is to use super glue to pore fill the wood before you apply your finish or stained sealer coat. It makes a big difference if you aren't spraying polyester. There will be a whole bunch of other considerations if you go the neck through route the next time. Building a neck is a way different beast than a body and compounded by the neck thru construction. But with planning and good measuring, it can happen. Measure twice, maybe 3, cut once.
      i am in the planning process of making a neck through........any suggestion i have order a book how to make your own electric guitar by melvyn hiscock
      sould i look in to more stuff
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Well I haven't done much lately on the guitar but here it is with an earlier SG built and my 2005 Standard.

I already have a different neck for it, the one in this picture is only there to make it look like a guitar not just a body.

It's gonna have a strings-through-body non trem strat bridge and I'm planning to put in Gibson Iommi Pickups.

Comment

Working...
        X