Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez JEM777LNG

hello

Just sadly inherited an Ibanez JEM777LNG from my brother in law for my 4 year old daughter. It's definately not for sale, but I was wondering what kind of value this guitar has. I know nothing at all about Ibanez guitars. It is signed and numbered (@290 something) by Steve Vai. I know he bought the guitar new. This guitar will never be sold as it is something special for my daughter to remember her uncle by (he was too you and it was a real tragidy). I just didn't know if this was something I could let her play with once in a while or I should put away safely (ie humidified case, ect.). Of course she loves the green color and really loves the pink pickups.

Any Ibanez fans out there know anything about these? Just thought I'd ask here before I went out and researched it.

Thanks, Karl

Sorry for your loss. That is not how you want to get any guitar.

The prices on these vary greatly on condition. I would ask the folks over at www.jemsite.com
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sorry for your terrable loss in your family.
      How about a picture of the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by memphiskat View Post
        hello

Just sadly inherited an Ibanez JEM777LNG from my brother in law for my 4 year old daughter. It's definately not for sale, but I was wondering what kind of value this guitar has. I know nothing at all about Ibanez guitars. It is signed and numbered (@290 something) by Steve Vai. I know he bought the guitar new. This guitar will never be sold as it is something special for my daughter to remember her uncle by (he was too you and it was a real tragidy). I just didn't know if this was something I could let her play with once in a while or I should put away safely (ie humidified case, ect.). Of course she loves the green color and really loves the pink pickups.

Any Ibanez fans out there know anything about these? Just thought I'd ask here before I went out and researched it.

Thanks, Karl
        First of all, sorry for your loss. That's a hard thing to deal with...

Now, on to the LNG. LNG's are about the most coveted Jems out there, minus the Swirls and the Jem10. They have been selling for serious money and I don't see that changing. They only made 777 of them Vai signed and numbered all of them. Does it have the matching case? The cases had a metal pyrimid with the number stamped in it...

If it's mint, no wear on the fretboard and in great shape, these can get between $3000 - $4000 right now. That will only increase. They are not making any more...

Should you let your daughter play with it? My answer? NO!!! But, do you want her to remember her uncle with it or is it an investment in her future? If its the first, by all means let her mess with it. If it's the later, find a nice place to store it. It will appreciate in value as much as any other Jem...
        Last edited by Bengal; 03-02-2007, 08:58 AM.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

777 LGM's (Loch Ness Green) were made and signed by Vai.

An average 'worn-in' one gets around $2300-$2600.

You should spend the cash to get it set up right- it'll last longer if it doesn't get played much. I wouldn't worry about her tinkering around on it when she's older (but not at 4 years old)- they are very tough guitars- unless it's mint, then I'd put it away and consider it an investment for her.

I'd love to see some pics of it though..........
          Strat God Music
          http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Thanks for the sympathy and all the info. It has an Ibanez case but I don't think its the matching one. I'll take pics in a little while and post them.
            Thanks again, Karl

Comment

Karl,
              Not having the matching case does hurt the value a little bit. Collectors like them with all the trappings. But it only hurts it a little bit. Like not having the Certificate for the Jem90HAM or something like that. The guitar is the real piece, all the rest is just candy...

Comment

This is a really special guitar for two reasons. First...it belonged to your brother in law...who is gone now. Second...it is a rather rare & sought after instrument. Hold on to it for your daughter. Keep it well...take good care of it until she is old enough to the understand the value & care for it well herself.

As others stated...values do vary...but bottom line...these have the distinction of being the flagship of the first year Jems. This is the original. Only 777 in this color. All signed by Vai. It doesn't get much cooler as Jems go. They aren't making any more.

The original case would be black tolex on the outside...with the Ibanez logo on it in pink. Very often the pyramid shaped metal badge (with the number that matches the guitar) is missing. The inside of the case would be form fit to the guitar & have a pink lining.

Here is a picture of mine....#19 in the series.

Comment

Thanks again for the sympathy. This is a hard time for our famalies.
                  I discussed it with my wife and I will get a good setup on it and then bring it out on occasion. It's my daughters now and will never be sold. Hopefully it will help her remember her beloved uncle. The action on this guitar is incredible. I can't believe how low it is without any string buzz. I wish I could get my Jacksons action this low. I took a bunch of pics of the guitar. Here they are....

Comment

That is not the original case. But you do have the original palm rest. Those are quite sought after because most people took them off and lost them...

Also, I would take the gel pack out of the case. Absorbs the moisture from the guitar. That's just my opinion...

Looks to be in good shape. And looks like you have a good plan for it. I hope it brings your daughter years of enjoyment...

Comment

Wow. Looks really clean. Very nice!!

Love that palmrest....I've been keeping an eye out for one for mine for over 15 years.

Comment

Wow,that is in amazing condition!

Your plan is the best,keep it the way it is and perhaps get your daughter another Ibanez,perhaps an RG 550 and have it sprayed Green in her Uncles memory

You and your wife sound like really great parents,I hope my kids will think that of me

The very best of luck
                        http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Wow! That is possibly the cleanest LNG I've ever seen! I would definitely call it mint. No neck pocket crack and even a clean fretboard, which are two of the most common issues. That is definitely an investment, not a player.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                          X