Music Man Petrucci 6 String?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Man Petrucci 6 String?

Anyone have one of these with the piezo pickup? I saw the Dream T. concert recently. Sounds like a cool instrument and made in San Luis Obispo, Cali. I need to find me one to try out.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Anyone? If I get one "I'll be the only one here" (in the voice of DeNiro )
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I don't know what he Petrucci is like but I've got a Silhouette in house at the moment and holy shit do I love it..! It's got a Floyd and h/s/h pickups, so it's very similiar to the Silhouettes Vinnie Moore plays.
      Those who have a Petrucci usually love them and can't stop raving about them. The Vinman himself said the fretboard was too flat for his likings tho, on his forum.
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I have played a petrucci...but seem to enjoy the Luke model more...also the Axis are great players

Comment

I prefer his IBanez JPM's those were insane guitars. The Music Man is good but the neck is fatter and it doesn't seem to sound quite as good.

Comment

I have a Petrucci 6 string with Piezo in Mystic Dream finish. I also have an Ibanez Petrucci P1. The EBMM is a much higher quality guitar. The Piezo sounds fantastic in it too! I use it live for some songs, including a Dream Theater cover we do

Rudy
            www,wickedrocks.com
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

awesome guitars. I would own one if not for the THIN neck!!! Really smooth fast necks though and great fret work!

Comment

Awesome guitars! (everything by MusicMan is!) Don`t own a Petrucci but i`ve played them,custom shop quality! I do have a SUB 1 that i love and think that its the best American made guitar out there for the money!!!!

Comment

my guitar teacher had one of the first silhoettes and i tell it must be one the best guitars ive EVER played
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I saw a MM Petrucci at a guitar show... Didnt play it but the paint on it was drool worthy.

Comment

Do they have thin Ibanez type necks or fatter necks? I have heard both.

chuck
                      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I've got one with the piezo (and the older pickups before they started using the D-Sonics). I never really use the piezo as its really meant to be plugged straight into a PA system. The fit and finish of the guitar (and of most EB/MM guitars from what I've heard) is superb. The neck itself is definitely thin and a little wide. You would be crazy to call the neck thick or even medium. Another great feature that usually isn't mentioned is how smooth the trem is... awesome for adding vibratto (although not really meant for divebombs). Some people say the piezo option takes away a little tone because of the amount of wood it takes up, but I've never had the chance to compare and I doubt I would hear any difference.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I just ordered one this morning in Pearl Redburst with all the goodies. I'll give a full report when I get it. From what I have read, the neck is not as the as the old Ibanez's. It's more of a Fender "C" shape. Nut width is 1-11/16".
                          Here's a good article I ran across. I'll be using the piezo pickup a lot. I can use my good 'ole RickoSound stereo box cable.

Comment

They're great guitars. I played a couple at their open house last year. The first ones had a few bugs cause the necks were too thin but those have since been ironed out. My buddy I used to play with IS their Repair Dept. and sets up guitars for alot of their artists. I'll try and find out some specifics cause I know there have been some changes to it since it's inception but I'm not sure really what.
                            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

One problem that was mentioned a lot on the Petrucci Forum for the early ones was finish cracking near the neck pocket. Those issues are well in the past and EB/MM repaired every guitar that had that problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X