ebony fret boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebony fret boards

i have 1 on my Patrick eggle and I'm a big fan. feels smooth looks nice but most ppl prefer maple or rose wood.
    no sig.....

Originally posted by asix View Post
    i have 1 on my Patrick eggle and I'm a big fan. feels smooth looks nice but most ppl prefer maple or rose wood.
    I wouldn't assume that.

Given the choice, I'd take ebony every time.

Comment

Ebony fretboards rock!
      Only con is that they get dirty really fast (or maybe I just play too much )

Comment

I prefer Brazilian Rosewood boards,simply for the beauty and the rich warm tone

But alas most of my basses have Ebony fretboards
        http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

i prefer ebony, rosewood, maple last. tho most of my guitars have rosewood...oh well.

Comment

I love ebony boards. 2 of my 3 guitars are ebony.

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
              but most ppl prefer maple or rose wood.
              sez who?

Comment

Pau Ferro

Comment

Ebony's ok, but it has the same brightness as maple. I always find myself playing Country-style licks on ebony boards because they have that "spank".

I prefer maple or rosewood for tone.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ebony stained Rosewood
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Ebony or Rosewood depending on the wood. Some rosewood boards, like the one on my old SLS, are beautiful. Some are old and decrepit looking imo.

I like the way rosewood feels and sounds a little more than ebony but I like the way ebony looks more. I especially like ebony with brown streaks in it. My parker has a nice, no inlay ebony fretboard.
                      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Most people around here seem to prefer ebony. I like the look of it but I prefer the feel of rosewood. The problem with rosewood is that some guitars look really bad with a light rosewood board on them.

Comment

I love Ebony.Rosewood is fine as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X