Robin Guitars-Medley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Guitars-Medley

Hey guys, these look like awsome guitars. I like the Medley alot, but not with the reversed headstock. Anybody got pics of one without a reveresed headstock? I am looking at these as an alternative to a Jackson/Charvel due to the huge CS price increase It`s a shame, but that increase is way to high. As for the Medley, I would get one with a regular headstock, 24.74 scale and some other custom features that don`t come on a production model. I am also looking at Hill guitars and Warmoth.Anyone got pics of a Warmoth pointy or a Hill pointy that they own? Thanks-Jack.

Robins are great guitars.I have owned several 2 were reversed headstocks(medleys) 1 was a Machette(sp)with the split headstock.Nice necks very comfy.They are like Carvins no resale unless you can find a collector.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah. There is/was one hanging in a GC in Union NJ. It was a bit beat up. They want or wanted like $1500+ for it. It was loaded with dust. I always wanted one/ wanted to play one and it did play great. I think the price was so high for such an unknown brand that people just walk by it.

Comment

Thanks fellas Jack.

Comment

My Hill pointy:

I have 3 Hills (one a LP shape, the other a "Hillster"), all great playing guitars, great quality.

Comment

So who's a good Robin dealer to go through for custom orders?
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

That Hill is sweet!! Must be an old one as to the body shape and the Kahler Floyd? Either way, I dig it Mine would be much different, and Hill said they would do almost anything custom for me, so now my brain is frying thinking up something Get this, they are only about 2 1/2 hours from me in Cleveland,OH Jack.

Comment

Yes, it's 1991 if memory serves me correctly. Regarding the Kahler Floyd, Jon Hill along with Tom Anderson and Dave Wintz of Robin prefer the Kahler version over the OFR. Jon even mentions this on his website:

I met Jon at this last NAMM. They are winding their own pickups now too, and they will "wind to your own specs" per the website.
                168?????????? ??????????????168???????? ?????????? ??168???????????Informing Music People Since 1977 - Music Information - Music Education - Music Industry News

I have several Robins, and the Hills are of equal quality. You wouldn't go wrong with either company doing your next guitar.

Comment

Working...
                X