Killer guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer guitars

Alright, around the internet every once in a while I'll see an Akira Takasaki KILLER guitar.

These things look BADASS AS FUCK. Im drooling all over my t-shirt here, its gettin messy.

Are these things pretty good? Does anyone have any information to share, as far as specs and build quality? Neck thickness? fret size? things of that nature...

And would anyone like to post pics of their own that I may drool over?

Thanks.

I dunno, it looks pretty beat up to me. I wouldn't pay half what he's asking.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I've got one of the mid-range models - the KG Pirates - and it looks just like that except it has a LO TRS trem (non-recessed).

The neck profile reminds me of a San Dimas Charvel pointyhead neck I used to have - maybe a tad fatter, but very comfy.

As well, the neck is not as deeply set as the Prime.

It's a great guitar - comparable to the Jackson Professional/Pro series (DK2, etc).

Given the rarity and what these usually go for in better condition ($2k and up), $1100 ain't a bad deal IMO.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't get it. What makes it worth that? It's a beat to shit, bolt on, very plain guitar. No binding. No inlays. It's expensive just because it's rare?

When I could get a used USA Jackson for $1,200, it sure does seem like a bad deal to me.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That beater is totally overpriced. Ikebe Gakki has Killer guitars starting from 75000 yen. Thats 643$

Comment

This type of response is the reason I have decided not to get into the guitar exporting biz. It's not worth the headaches that will no doubt accompany the deals.

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
            That beater is totally overpriced. Ikebe Gakki has Killer guitars starting from 75000 yen. Thats 643$
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

The ¥75,000 guitars are made in China wth almost anything resembling a tree that they can find, for body wood. They list the material as, "sen", which simply is aa term for wood in Chinese. The p-ups are junk and the floyd is a ping. The top end of this model have graphics ranging from leopard to puzzles and are out the door at around $4500, for those in mide life crisis...

Comment

Originally posted by nonamemx View Post
                These things look BADASS AS FUCK.
                based on that pic, I think you really meant they look like ASS.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Well, shit, lots of negative reponses to this one.

I was curious, because I love the body shape, color, neck and headstock design.

I'm glad I asked though.

Comment

I ve seen ones in beeter condition on ebay..with more birdeye in the neck and better wood...but like eveyone else said they are way pricey

Comment

Working...
                    X