Trip Down Memory Lane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Down Memory Lane...

So around 1982/3, I remember sneaking downstairs on a saturday night to watch wrestling, and then Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. One saturday night there's this new band (to me anyway) called Quiet Riot and Carlos is playing a black Washburn explorer. Always was a good memory for me (although I still can't find a copy of that show). Anyways, I never did own a Washburn, but I do now! 1983 A-10V in a nice aged "cream" with black binding, should be here in a week or so...

very cool, I always liked the look of this model. The black version with neon red binding always caught my eye!!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I have a couple of A20s. They are very cool guitars...............

Comment

There is an A20 floating around locally. I've been waiting for it to resurface.It is Japanese ash brownish red in color,cream binding brass dots and side markers,brass hardtail.This is an early one because the neck is like a ball bat.The cover plates are made out of the wood and match the grain perfectly.A collector told me its a late 70s model
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

LOVE it has a really nice color and it looks great is it a reisue?
          if not some one took good care of it.

Comment

Not a reissue, it's dated 1983!!

Comment

Awesome guitar, it looks bloody mint! Nice score

Comment

Cool. I've always kinda liked those.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Brass saddles, brass pickup rings, and brass tip on the toggle too. Plus I dig the matching headstock. Hope it plays as good as it looks...

Comment

What kind of pickups are in there?
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't know. I'll throw some Duncan Custom Custom's in if I don't like them.

Comment

Need's a Floyd:ROTF: Just kidding. I can't recall ever seeing one of those! Very nice shape and the guitar just seems to flow nicely. Those position markers look huge in the photo. I bet great for playing on dark stages. Congrats. That's rare one indeed.
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Should have a brass nut as well.The A20 I saw did.The pickups were Gotoh super D clones they really sounded great lots of bottom end.
                          The Japanese pickups of that era sound outstanding.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Great guitar - I just started getting into Washburns too and they roc.

Comment

My friend has one of those on hold at my buddys store.His is an '81 I believe.Also in amazing condition.Super V neck on the thin side.The frets are on the small side,or I would have bought it myself.Really cool guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X