Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard or no guard?

Comment

Usually I would say no guard, but I think this top looks better with the guard.

Comment

Comment

Looks cool both ways...switch it up every few months

If I had to choose, I'd say keep the guard on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            Looks cool both ways...switch it up every few months

If I had to choose, I'd say keep the guard on.
            Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Problem is, there are no holes drilled for one, so it's a definate commitment.

Comment

WWSD...

What would Slash do? If it's not a collector's piece, I wouldn't worry about the holes that mich. There's THOUSANDS of Lesters out there with 2 screws in them - and NO pickguard. At least every one I've ever had has been like that when I got done with it.
                Last edited by chrisolson; 03-07-2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

That's top is a little weird-looking. The uneven burst pattern ain't helping, either. Combined, they almost have a tye dye-like thing going on. I almost always prefer no 'guard, but on this one I think it helps.

Comment

Looks good both ways, if I had to choose I would go with the guard on.
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Guard-on with a Cherry Sunburst is Classic Page, but Guard-off shows off the flame.

But as you say, the holes were not drilled, so I'd either find some padded clamp system or leave it off if it's got a good chance at increasing in resale.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You know what... I saw an ad for a clear guard. get that. then you have both the protection of a guard and the visibility into the arched top.

I personally dont like the guard. Also, I have never scratched my guitars while picking so dont see a need for them.
                        Sam

Comment

Guard on- the burst patten looks quickly sponged on and needs a leg up. With a guard, would also lend itself to looking like a higher end, historic model, assuming that it's a Gibson.

Comment

I like the guard.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

emperor_black -- lose the "gear sig". That's SOOO HC...

Comment

Working...
                              X