Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Epi was MEANT to be a GOTH!

Hi All,

I just finished my latest project involving my 2003 Epi LP Junior. I have to say, it is a very good guitar, built much better than the newer Chinese models. I also have a newer (2006) Junior and the quality is no where near my older Junior. Anyway.....My Junior is black, so I figured since it plays so well and has a really great neck (I got lucky) that I would GOTH it out since I don't have any Goth style guitars. I replaced all the chrome hardware with better quality black hardware including a "Badass" style bridge and Grover tuners. Topping it off is a Duncan Detonator pickup which sounds amazing in this guitar.

When I finished my little project, I checked over the guitar and realized that the neck plate is the only chrome left on it. I decided to leave it on since it has the Epi name on it and the serial number. When I looked at the serial number I was amazed to find out that the last 3 digits of it are "666!!!!" How cool is that! I had never noticed it before and only realized it AFTER it got it's GOTH treatment. What do ya think of that!!! Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was pretty coincidental!!

Anyway, here it is:

Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

NICE looks great do you have a before picture?
    or you can just tell me what color it was. (just wondering)
    Looks like you got it new in black like that.
    I have a Epiphone Less Paul Standard and it plays great
    it's one of my best playing guitars.........

Comment

Thanks Coyote,

The Junior was just a basic black that I bought stock. Exactly like this one from Musician's Friend:

I have a few more Epi's that are all great players including an LP Standard (Cherry Burst w/ Dimarzio SD's like the Ace LP), another LP Standard (Wine Red Quilt w/ Gibson p/u's from an LP Classic) and a G400 (SG Standard). I love them all. And I have to say, this Junior is much better quality than the $89.00 I paid for it!!!

Thanks again.
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Nice, last three digits of my Bday too!
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
        X