Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I actually LIKE this new BC Rich Warlock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually LIKE this new BC Rich Warlock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Rich-Exotic-W...QQcmdZViewItem

I usually hate anything with this headstock, but this spalted top, one hum, neck-thru Warlock looks kick-ass. The control cavity plate looks like a SD plate.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

BC Richs always have the hottest backsides
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Someone here has got one of those..

I've been disappointed with import BCRs too many times, so I'm not bothering with the new stuff.. but I must admit, it looks good.
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

yeah i'm not a big fan of the warlock but that one is rad. Have you seen the warlock beast combo?

its kinda pointier than the regular warlock

----------
        Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
          yeah i'm not a big fan of the warlock but that one is rad. Have you seen the warlock beast combo?

its kinda pointier than the regular warlock

Damn, that I would buy, is that a real production model?
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
            Someone here has got one of those..
            If they read this, would they post a review? I haven't found out much about them online and wonder if it sounds as good as it looks?

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
            I've been disappointed with import BCRs too many times, so I'm not bothering with the new stuff.. but I must admit, it looks good.
            I think it looks awesome, but you read online that Nato (which the wings are made of) is the poor man's mahogany - but it all seems to be the same comment cut 'n' pasted. Just wondering if the guitar (and the rockfield PU) is any good, as it's well priced...

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
              Damn, that I would buy, is that a real production model?
              yup it is,the WarBeast,was introduced at the 2007 NAMM show
              http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                If they read this, would they post a review? I haven't found out much about them online and wonder if it sounds as good as it looks?

I think it looks awesome, but you read online that Nato (which the wings are made of) is the poor man's mahogany - but it all seems to be the same comment cut 'n' pasted. Just wondering if the guitar (and the rockfield PU) is any good, as it's well priced...

I know this thread is kinda dead but I'll resurrect it anyway since I did buy one of these guitars. I'll keep my review simple and short. Good and bad points.

First the good.
                1. The guitar looks killer in the flesh.
                2. Frets are very nice, nothing sharp-all nice and level.
                3. Inlays are well done and nice looking.
                4. The Rockfield pickup is loud with a lot of mids-pretty hot.
                5. It's neck through-for way less than $1,000.00 Nobody else is doing that!!!
                6. Bridge is thick and nicely plated-no wear on the black finish in 2 months of playing-can't say the same for my DK6.
                7. Nice rosewood-uniform color with no light streaks.
                8. No neck dive.

The bad.
                1. Tuners are acceptable but I would like grovers better.
                2. Finish has a little dimpling at the neck-body area.
                3. Wings are 4 pieces of nato-well matched but still 4 pieces.
                4. maple headstock cap is pretty but very thin. Can't say for sure about the top on the body as its surrounded by binding.

Overall, this is my best playing and sounding guitar. My COW DK6 is number 2. My Gothic II SG has been retired to the closet. This Korean Warlock out performs the USA SG hands down-and for almost half the price. Oh well, guess I'll keep the SG in the closet for 15 more years...

The combination of the neck through build, great looks and a hot pickup makes me say that BC Rich is importing the best guitars for your money these days. Also, I called BC Rich to talk to them about this guitar after I bought it. Not only did the product manager return my call, he also listened to my gripes about the last few years worth of dubious BC Rich imports. He told me that he was new to the PM job but had been with BC Rich through all the tough times and he had fought to get these new models out by listening to what players wanted and what they wanted to pay for it. He thanked me for buying the warlock and said that every guitar sold matters to him. At the end of our conversation he asked for my address so he could send me a free shirt. BC Rich scores with me by returning my call the same day and offering to send me a free shirt. Pretty hard to come by these days in my experience.

These new Riches have definitely earned my admiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
                  I called BC Rich to talk to them about this guitar after I bought it. Not only did the product manager return my call, he also listened to my gripes about the last few years worth of dubious BC Rich imports. He told me that he was new to the PM job but had been with BC Rich through all the tough times and he had fought to get these new models out by listening to what players wanted and what they wanted to pay for it. He thanked me for buying the warlock and said that every guitar sold matters to him. At the end of our conversation he asked for my address so he could send me a free shirt. BC Rich scores with me by returning my call the same day and offering to send me a free shirt. Pretty hard to come by these days in my experience.

These new Riches have definitely earned my admiration.

Mmmmmmm

Gongrats with the guitar

BUT

He listened to the players and gave them what they wanted???????

What a load of BS,B.C.Rich listened to the BCR owners on their forum sure,then they stabbed them in the back and made the guitars that people suggested and the thanks they gave to the forum members-they shut the forum down and threw out people's source of finding out about thier instruments

They only listened to the forum members as they were a general cross section of potential buyers,so it was inevitable that if they liked them,then BCR could sell them,so follow the buyer's advice

You should have asked when they were going to have a forum up and running and that wouldn't be shut down as soon as they heard things they didn't like
                  http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
                    I know this thread is kinda dead but I'll resurrect it anyway since I did buy one of these guitars. I'll keep my review simple and short. Good and bad points.
                    Thanks for the review! I still hadn't read one elsewhere, so I appreciate it. I'm glad you like the Warlock, as they sure look good and are certainly cheap for their specs.

Comment

Never really liked Warlocks..the backside of the body is horrible.

Comment

I did see an exotic(spalted maple top) mocking bird Sat and was impressed by the looks and build quality.Neck was too chunky for my taste but for $599.00 is a real good deal IMO.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X