Got myself an LTD Viper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself an LTD Viper

A back up for my Gibson SG standard, it's the cheapest version but I'm pretty impressed with the quality of this guitar.

I did change the strap button location because it was incredibly neck heavy. Of course it doesn't exactly give my Gibson a run for it's money but it does provide me with a dependable back up guitar. Maybe I'll install some Seymour duncans later.

Nice it looks like a lopsided SG

Comment

funny you should say neck heavy. I have always loved the look of the vipers and they way they play. THe other day i played one with a strap and vowed never to own one.:ROTF:

Comment

Here's what it looks like now.

Comment

that pickguard looks really good, good call
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Sweet! LTDs are pretty decent. I had a gold EC300-P (Eclipse with P-90s) that I liked. I wound up selling it to someone here because I wasn't playing it enough, but it was pretty good for Korean made.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got an EC-1000 from a board member - I love it!! I have played the Viper 400 as well. What a well put together guitar! I like the neck, and the EMG's (81 & 85 - normally I hate EMG's BTW...) sounded very good in this guitar. I was playing the white one - REALLY liked it and it's on my short list of sub-$600 guitars I should own at some time.

Comment

I've thought about getting one of those from time to time. I like the white model....

Comment

Just got a white Viper 400 today. Love it so far, but it way neck heavy. Is there a good way to fix this?

Comment

Identical to this one:

Comment

Move the strap button to the top horn, it's still neck heavy that way but much less so than a regular SG, worked fine on my viper baritone.

Comment

Originally posted by D-EJ915 View Post
                        Move the strap button to the top horn, it's still neck heavy that way but much less so than a regular SG, worked fine on my viper baritone.
                        That's kinda what I was thinking, but I HATE putting new holes in a guitar, especially if I'm not sure it'll work. I'll have to experiment with it a little.

Thanks!

Comment

Some guys put theirs behind the neck, so maybe replacing a neck screw with a bigger one and putting a strap knob on there might work, but I'd be leery about doing something like that.

Comment

Nice Leather strap keeps my SG from Sliding....
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I put the strap button at the end (tip) of the upper horn. It's MUCH better now. A little touchy as far as the overall operation, but it turned out well.

Comment

Working...
                              X