No announcement yet.

My new Caparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats man! My TAT is an AWESOME axe...and the guys from Caparison are really great guys too!
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by iced_earth View Post
      Cool... I actually have Norwegian name even though its by mistake (Mikkel). Are Caparisons easy to find out there? I think there is one dealer in the USA. I was lucky to get mine in Japan.

I can't say enough about those necks... definitely my favorite profile of the guitars I have. That and the smooth unfinished back makes for some good playing.
      As far as I know, the only dealer in Europe is MegaMusic in Denmark. They have an agreement with Caparison, so people have to order from MegaMusic to be able to get one... Oh yeah, I'm falling more and more in love with the neck! How does the neck compare to a SL-2 (other than the finish, what's the difference)?

And one more thing, what do those of you here that have a Caparison think about the stock pickups?

Comment

I know both the Horus and Dellinger have mahogany bodies. I just picked up a Dellinger HGS and agree that the neck carve is very comfy, almost like my Les Paul Custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_88 View Post
          As far as I know, the only dealer in Europe is MegaMusic in Denmark. They have an agreement with Caparison, so people have to order from MegaMusic to be able to get one... Oh yeah, I'm falling more and more in love with the neck! How does the neck compare to a SL-2 (other than the finish, what's the difference)?

And one more thing, what do those of you here that have a Caparison think about the stock pickups?
          I've never played a SL2, but the neck is just a little less wide and a little smaller in the back then a WR-1.

As for the stock pickups, I changed out the single coil very quickly to a Dimarzio Chopper as the stock single didn't have much power and I had no plans to use the guitar for clean sounds. The bridge humbucker was OK, not great, and I've swapped it for an X2N.

Comment

Ah, okey! Yeah, the body is mahogany, and i believe the finish is thinner than on most guitars. This is to get better tone, probably... I've been thinking about putting bareknuckles in her, but time will show (and money)!

Comment

Could you please share some insight in regards to the neck.. how is the fingerboard radiused/is it flat?.. and how's the fret size..jumbo?
              Much thanks!
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I'm not sure how it's radiused, but it's not flat. The fret size is Jumbo, yes. It's the best neck I personally have ever played. It's oiled aswell, I believe!

Comment

I've got some of their literature from Namm and trying to decide on a model to pick up.. I see a bit of old Hamer Californian and Diablo model influence there in shape, design and the whole 27 fret thing.. I'm betting the neck are somewhere around 14" radius..same as the Schaller Floyd bridge.. that'd make it really easy to set the action extremely low.
                  DiMarzio Endorsee
                  www.dimarzio.com
                  Morley Endorsee
                  www.morley.com
                  "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

Here is my Angelus HGS, nice guitar all the way around.

1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Thanks for sharing! That Angelus is really pretty! I'm trying to decide on pulling the trigger on a Horus or maybe even the Dellinger Seven.
                      DiMarzio Endorsee
                      www.dimarzio.com
                      Morley Endorsee
                      www.morley.com
                      "Intelli-Shred" author

Comment

That's an awesome looking guitar - i would die if they had it with a maple fretboard....

jeff
                        ---------------------------------------------------------
                        Kiesel Aries
                        Charvel USA Wild Card #3
                        EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

they've made two with maple fretboards for the guitarist in The Absence.

a few with 3 way switches too.

Comment

Sorry, the page you requested was not found

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                              That's an awesome looking guitar - i would die if they had it with a maple fretboard....

jeff
                              Ah, yeah... You gotta be an endorsee to get maple on Caparisons. None of the standard models comes with that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4koa View Post
                                Sorry, the page you requested was not found
                                Yeah, I removed some of the pictures, and added other ones. Will change the links now!
                                Seems there is a time limit to editing here? More close-ups:

Last edited by Tommy_88; 03-28-2007, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X