Let's discuss custom guitar options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    What specific finish would you be looking for? They'll do just about any color if they can mix it with whatever paints exist in their inventory.
    They can't do Lime Green or Orange for that matter! Even though I saw those colors in a catalog froma while back.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
      They can't do Lime Green or Orange for that matter! Even though I saw those colors in a catalog from a while back.
      They can do orange... someone on their forum ordered a Holdsworth in Gretsch Orange.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those effers. I threatened not to order with them and they still wouldn't do it. I have the kid's name too that gave me a hard time. Ricki.

Comment

Hmm. Sometimes certain people don't know what options they can and can't do and you've gotta talk to a different person... unless they're like Hamer and get moody and decide they don't want to do something on a certain day.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hamer:

High quality, but they won`t do to much for ya anymore like they would in the 80`s and 90`s. They say No most of the time now.

Carvin:

Pretty decent, but their prices are rising fast. I don`t like their body styles, they nead to bring back the "ST" body option again.

US Masters:

Smokin quality. Moderate high prices. Fugly headstocks. Not sure how off the regular bodies and options they will go.

Hill(from Cleveland):

Great quality. Not sure on their prices. He will do almost anything for ya and the skies the limit and pocket book. This is probably where I will go next as I can drive their in 2 1/2 hours and design a custom guiitar with John Hill himself

Jack.

Comment

Suhr
              Pros: high build quality, lots of hardware and electronic options, lots of finish options,

Cons: expensive, limited body and headstock choices, limited finish options (from what I've seen at least)

Not sure what one you really meant to type...

Although it may not be listed on his site, Suhr will do pretty much any color available. He'll even match a sample or picture and most of the time it's at no extra cost. I sent him a pic of a color I wanted an he matched perfectly at no cost.

Comment

pros: umm I'll get back to you on that one
                cons: see their website

Comment

I'd like to know more about the McNaught guitars as they look beautiful. Anyone have pros and cons on them?
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I've played some McNaught guitars. The ones I played were perfect. They are 'spensive.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks tim, and they sure "look" perfect for me as well
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I saw that Ran was mentioned has anybody had any experience with them though?

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                          I'd like to know more about the McNaught guitars as they look beautiful. Anyone have pros and cons on them?
                          Wasn't McNaught assimilated by Ed Roman ?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
                            Wasn't McNaught assimilated by Ed Roman ?
                            no ... from what I understand Roman used to be a distributor/dealer for McNaught but something happened with that relationship and McNaught dropped Roman. Not sure if this correct or not... But I can state with confidence that McNaught was not assimilated by Roman

Comment

Originally posted by Sukisyn View Post
                              no ... from what I understand Roman used to be a distributor/dealer for McNaught but something happened with that relationship and McNaught dropped Roman. Not sure if this correct or not... But I can state with confidence that McNaught was not assimilated by Roman
                              My understanding is that they had a falling out. Hence the reason Ed bashes the "new" Mcnaught guitars on his site.
                              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Here is another to add.Chafin guitars.Ben is an incredible builder.His prices have gone up some,but are still way below Thorn,Driskill,McNaught etc.Here are mine.

I have to find pics of my old McNaught.It was an amazing guitar with an overwhelming quilt top,but I actually liked my Chafins more at 1/2 the price(At least they were then).
                                1 con is the wait.Ben is a 1 man shop and also does repair work at Legends in Tampa,so there can be lengthy waits.

Comment

Working...
                                X