Exotic BC Rich Mockingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exotic BC Rich Mockingbird

Anyone play/own one of these? I'm curious about the quality of them.

They sure do look nice.

Never played one, but I agree they look kick ass Jack.

Comment

I bought a new B.C. Rich Bich Supreme (USA) two years ago. It was a koa body with maple neck and had all the electronics. It was a beautiful guitar and sounded okay, but played like crap. For $2,400.00 I was very disapointed in the playability of the guitar. It really felt like a cheap beginner guitar. Sold it on ebay a few months later.

Comment

BC Rich guitars just are simply not what they were. Hell they aren't even what they were 10 year ago let alone 20 years ago when they were cranking out killer guitars. The 90's customs were still good IMO though other here have been known to disagree but I haven't played one in the last 4 years thats been any good. Not horrible but its a lifeless guitar. The customs may look pretty but they are just did. And I have no idea how that is possible with a koa guitar but BC Rich somehow manages. Their imports are pretty cheap though, even the ones shown here and are probably not a bad buy for what they are. Stay far away from the BC Rich custom shop though, its a waste of alot of money nowadays.

Comment

I played one of those imports the other day. Played pretty nice. I have a recent set neck import Warlock. The Mock had the same thin neck profile. It's not Wizard thin but thin compared to my BCR handmades.

Comment

Those are like $700. I was thinking about picking up a SL or whatever with the trem. I would like to see one in person.

Comment

i tried a couple nj series mockingbirds at guitar center.
              i love the mockingbird shape and really wanted to love the guitar.
              out of the 3 i tried, 1 played great but sounded like crap.
              the 2nd had really bad inlay work.
              the 3rd sounded very resonant, but the action was really high and the fret ends were razor sharp.

Comment

Working...
              X