Agile AL-4000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile AL-4000?

What's the story with these things? Local music place has one used going for $200. Gotta admit, looks beautiful. Real MOP & ebony fretboard.

Anyone got any experience with these things? Are they junk?

I think the store owner thinks it's one of the lower models. The guitar has not a scratch on it & is going for 1/3 of "retail".

Want to know if it's garbage,a good deal on garbage is still garbage.

Vass

My Agile (A silverburst AL2000) is fantastic. The 4000 for 200 bucks is a great deal.

Comment

Damn! Looks good to me!

Go play it and report back.

Comment

Wow... That's gotta be a bargain! Get over there and buy it!

Comment

ditto. buy it

Comment

I went to rondo music about a year ago with a buddy when he was looking for his first electric. They're nice guitars for the money. I think he got a 2800 for $329 at the time, nice guitar, great feel, plays well.
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Going to go take a harder look @ it this afternoon. Tag said it is a 4000 but I do believe it had a pretty thin neck, which doesn't seem to come on the 4000, only the 3000 series.

I'm finding their models very difficult to distinguish between on the high end. Do they put their model numbers anywhere on their guitars? May be misidentified by the store (unintentionally, he's an honest guy).

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                Going to go take a harder look @ it this afternoon. Tag said it is a 4000 but I do believe it had a pretty thin neck, which doesn't seem to come on the 4000, only the 3000 series.

I'm finding their models very difficult to distinguish between on the high end. Do they put their model numbers anywhere on their guitars? May be misidentified by the store (unintentionally, he's an honest guy).

Vass
                If it's the PRS look alike it is a 4000. Other than that, their Les Paul styles are 2000 and 2500 series.
                Here's my Floyd'ed one with my Gibson "Neil Schon" signature sustainer mods. Pretty cool guitars for the money.

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Bengal

Apparently they change the model numbers around a bit

Turned out to be a 3000m.... I was mistaken, not the shopowner- I'm also retarded because it said it right on the truss cover +1 for stupid customers! I don't see that on the Rondo site, but it had a thin neck profile, and upon inspection the neck & headstock were not bound, as the 3000's currently is, and the binding on the body was painted on.

The fretboard was indeed ebony & it had abalone inlays- the color was the same as the 4000 in the link above- beautiful guitar, but since I didn't know enough (pups, etc) I decided to pass (for now- who knows what happens this weekend).

Thank you all for your help- any info on 3000m is appreciated as well...I must say that to look at at the very least these are beautiful guitars.

Vass
                  Last edited by Vass; 03-30-2007, 07:04 PM.

Comment

If you ask me it sounds pretty good I would go for it before some one els
                    dose......... Good luck I hope you get it sounds nice......

Rock on for Life

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                      Bengal

Apparently they change the model numbers around a bit

Turned out to be a 3000m.... I was mistaken, not the shopowner- I'm also retarded because it said it right on the truss cover +1 for stupid customers! I don't see that on the Rondo site, but it had a thin neck profile, and upon inspection the neck & headstock were not bound, as the 3000's currently is, and the binding on the body was painted on.

The fretboard was indeed ebony & it had abalone inlays- the color was the same as the 4000 in the link above- beautiful guitar, but since I didn't know enough (pups, etc) I decided to pass (for now- who knows what happens this weekend).

Thank you all for your help- any info on 3000m is appreciated as well...I must say that to look at at the very least these are beautiful guitars.

Vass
                      Here you go, right on the rondo site.. 3000m

Edit: Considering the HC reviews $200 isn't a bad deal for it. From my experience with the stock pickups I can confirm that they do indeed suck, and I'd use some of the saved $ on new ones. Dimarzio PAF's/Virtual Paf maybe? Or perhaps something on the cheap but decent side, GFS FAT PAFs.
                      Last edited by UFORocks; 03-30-2007, 09:53 PM.
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
                        Here you go, right on the rondo site.. 3000m

Edit: Considering the HC reviews $200 isn't a bad deal for it. From my experience with the stock pickups I can confirm that they do indeed suck, and I'd use some of the saved $ on new ones. Dimarzio PAF's/Virtual Paf maybe? Or perhaps something on the cheap but decent side, GFS FAT PAFs.

Yeah +1 on the pickups for sure. On mine, I put a Super 3 DiMarzio and of course the sustainer/driver is in the neck position. Sounds great now.

They sure did make some big changes/additions in the last year and a half. Everything has changed since I bought mine. The neck on mine is a baseball bat-big and chunky Funny when I go from my Gibson LPC's to this neck. Big difference!
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I got a 2000, Korean made, killer for the money.

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

The 3000M has a thicker maple top than the regular 3000 Prestige which makes it a bit brighter than the regular 3000.

I own the AL3000 Prestige and it is a GREAT guitar for the money. I bought it fully expecting to replace the pups, but I like the stock ones just the way they are.

Go buy it. For the price it is a great deal. Buy expecting to add pick-ups but you might be pleasantly surprised at how good the stock ones sound. You will also probably need a good set-up, but then you should be good to go.
                            "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Working...
                            X