Opinions wanted on Yamaha acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions wanted on Yamaha acoustics

Specifically, the APX series, but I'm also soliciting opinions on Yamaha acoustics in general. Thanx in advance for any help!
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

I used to sell the APX series many many years ago... nice guitars.
    Very comfortable to play and construction was top notch.
    The FG series acoustics with solid tops are great as well. Look for the "S" after the model number (Example: FG-410S). No "S" = plywood.
    I like the necks on them.
    -Rick

Comment

I bought a F-335 5 years ago when I started playing again. It was $175 then, which I've always felt was a good deal. Now they are $150, so it's an even better deal! Good bang-for-the-buck with Yamaha.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I played two APX guits long ago. One was full body with the plastic back and the other was a mini travel guitar. Both were very nice and had great fit and finish. I wish I never got rid of the full body one.
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Ummm...... The only ones I have had are the FG 130 my uncle got it from the war in the 70's and he gave it to me and the neck had a bend in it and I got it fixed and it works great and the other one I have is a Yamaha FG 410 12 A. it's a 12 string and it plays great to but I have only had it for a fewe
          weeks. So........ the ones I have had are really nice I have never had one of the Apx but I bet they arn't that bad I would go for it Good luck on it and I hope you get one.

Rock on for life
          Last edited by Coyote; 03-30-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I have a CPX series. Yamaha has never been known for "great" guitars, but the good thing is that they are known for consistently "good" guitars and cheap too. Can't really go wrong with a Yamaha for a good, workhorse acoustic for little money.
            My gear
            87 Charvel Model 6
            86 Charvel Model 4
            93 Jackson RR EX
            93 Jackson Kelly STD
            88 Ibanez RG560
            99 Schecter Diamond C-7
            Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Needless to say, the older the better. And make sure they were made in Japan.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yeah my to are made in Japan and they are great guitars I would get one
                if I was you. You can't go wrong with a Yamaha.

Rock on for Life

Comment

Working...
                X