Hamer day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer day!

So, found this little fellow in a local pawnshop... they had it for around a decade or longer, never would budge on price, put a new tag as a left hand guitar and cut the price in half. So... I snagged it.

You can't see from the pic above, but all the hardware was badly tarnished, and the frets are gunky, finish looks ok but is worn, etc... here are a few closeups:

Cool thing is, the neck is straight, frets aren't worn (just filthy) and the guitar has a lot of potential. Stand by for 'after' pics when I get the chance to clean her up a bit.

Pete

Good score, man. Congrats ! I've got a few Hamer Phantoms . Hamer makes some good stuff. Good luck cleanin' her up !
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

nice one, Pete! I reckon she'll look awesome all cleaned up
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        nice one, Pete! I reckon she'll look awesome all cleaned up
        +1 She's gem in disguise. A good clean up and you'll be sailing! Nice grab!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That is a Hamer Centaura. I have owned a couple of those. Very thin necks and small frets. Yours has the gold hardware option as most had chrome and then black. Pete, I believe they have 1 5/8" nuts on them also? It seamed thin up there to me at the time. Congrats-Jack.

Comment

killer. i love those guitars and would LOVE to stumble upon one at a steal one day!!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

hamer is the best!!!

Comment

That's really nice. She'll look great once she's all cleaned up. Congrats!
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I have that exact same guitar(sparkle red USA centaura), gold hardware and all. I think it was going to be called the Steve Stevens III, but he went to Washburn right before it came out. However,I ended up stripping off the sparkle red paint,,,,,and the body wood under it was perfect (no knots, etc) I stained with a deep walnut stain...so now the body is a nice dark wood color, which really compliments the gold hardware. I love the neck,,,,a nice shredder...the thinnest neck I own next to my Jem7vwh,,,and I love the wide, jumbo frets. I often wish my Jem came with jumbos too,,,,and the Jem frets are kind of narrow and tall on the Jem7v. I also swapped out the EMG's mine came with for a Duncan distortion at the bridge , and two hot rails. I think I paid $450 for mine about four years ago....and it was in awesome condition,,,absolutely no fretware, dings, etc. A great guitar...enjoy. Effortless playability. Hamer USA guitars are awesome.
                  Last edited by lynchfan6; 04-01-2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                    However,I ended up stripping off the sparkle red paint
                    People who strip guitars ought to be flayed. It's only fair.

j/k... well, mostly.

Beautiful Hamer there, Pete!
                    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Nice how much was she?

Rock on for Life

Comment

So far so good. Looks a lot better in person imho. It rocks!

Pete

Comment

Killer score!!! It cleaned up nicely!

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X