No announcement yet.

Gunslinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a pair of NAMM ST-3's a while back... Why do I feel like crying?

I did notice one thing though -- every vintage Gunslinger I had (ST-III's also...) all had Grover mini's on them. That's the only thing that is in any way odd to me - that and the pickup. Most of mine had pickups that look VERY Dimarzio-ish.
    Last edited by chrisolson; 04-06-2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

gunslingers are the heat for sure. I loved them. I would have tried for this one if i saw it. good score. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
        nice axe, but from ECMM who knows.
        Nice score.
        Jamie - I think '89 was before the Leprechaun bought out the Class Axe stock, no?
        Either way - if it is made from BCR parts, Barry Lipman or Chris T probably did a great job putting it together

Comment

I had a Gunslinger back in the day with a crackle finish and like a dope I sold it. I loved that guitar but somehow convinced myself that it sucked and I needed a Dinky Pro instead.

Comment

excellent grab, very cool guitar and Gunslingers are still a great bang for the buck
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I have a Gunslinger I bought new back in '89, supposedly right before they went underand sold out to Class Axe. I pulled the original pickup to drop in an EMG, and it was a DiMarzio...forget what model. GREAT guitars!

Pat

Comment

They came with Super Distortions, thats what they spec out to be which is why I like them so much.
                Some may have had a Gotoh style equivalent.

For that graphic.. that was a great price.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
                  Nice score.
                  Jamie - I think '89 was before the Leprechaun bought out the Class Axe stock, no?
                  Either way - if it is made from BCR parts, Barry Lipman or Chris T probably did a great job putting it together
                  he was making BCR's before he bought out the leftovers. or should i say modifing factory ones, early on. he had many "one off" customs that were questionable even back then. BUT yes back in the ECMM days the quality of the work was excellent. he used to even give you discounts if you let him keep the neckplate....scum bag

also the pickups were double whammy's most of the time occasionally super distortions, later IIRC schaller pickups.

Chris i miss that blue NAMM ST-3.....ive still got it but my son (then 2YO) cracked the headstock off of it....yes off.

Comment

Chris i miss that blue NAMM ST-3.....ive still got it but my son (then 2YO) cracked the headstock off of it....yes off.
                    The neck on that thing was it's crowning achievement. Bummer, man...

Comment

he used to even give you discounts if you let him keep the neckplate....scum bag
                      He still does.
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                      X