Westone Pantera x350 Need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westone Pantera x350 Need info

Any info on this axe is appreciated. Its coming out of Pawn on monday at a local shop. Looks like an interesting axe but I cant try it out nor can i find any info on it.

Can anyone tell me about the rarity value and if they sound decent. I dont want to waste time running across town taking time off if its not worth it.

Any info appreciated! Thanks
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

They were made in Matsumoku factory between 86 and 88. Renowned for producing high-quality guitars. Supposedly there was limited production on the x350. Specs are all covered here: http://www.westone.info/cats/86pantera/05.html
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Cool link. Funny, I have seen those pickups before with the big W on them and I always thought they were Washburn.

Comment

I had an 88 it was neck thru, curly maple top and back .Bendmaster trem (great trem as good as a floyd).Two magnaflux humbuckers ( very fat PAF ish tone).Ebony fingerboard with pearl inlays.Grover tuners recessed in the headstock.Jumbo frets.I bought mine new for $700.00 retail was $1008.00.
        A very high quality guitar and a limited production.Mine was a clear natural color.It was also the Trevor Rabin sig model.
        Mine had a lot more figure to the maple than the one in the link same color tho'
        Last edited by straycat; 04-08-2007, 12:47 PM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

There's some guy over here trying to sell one for NZ$2500 (US$1800). I remember they weren't even that price new.

Comment

I found one in very good condish for 299 prob can low ball it also. Im gonna pick her up and see what i can do with it, if nothin i can evilbay it for a better jackson to someone that would appreciate it more.

I have an empty spot on my wall, would look good there too lol
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

That is a bloody good price! Please post pics when you get it.

Comment

Go to the westone forum you will get top dollar.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I bought a Spectrum LX lead in 85' because my bud had an awsome Electra, they were great guitars for the money. I couldn't find my other one on that link so I went to an Electra site and found it, it was a Futura. I have never have a guitar play as low as the old Electra/Westone's!

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/futura.php
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Here's my SX...

Awesome guitars.

Comment

Thanks Straycat for mentioning the Westone forum. I didn't know they had one. But I found a site with old Westone catalog scans, and found the guitar that I stupidly passed on at a local music store back in the day (when my mistaken perception of Westone as inferior).

For years I was trying to track down this mystery guitar. The notable feature was it had a stock Dan Armstrong "Rock Monster" pickup and a reversed maple fretboard.

My memory is sketchy but I recall them blowing them out at the store for under $200 and kept figuring it would drop lower but they sold out before I went back to buy.

The guitar that I played was like the black one pictured, which is a Spectrum GT (with Dan Armstrong pickup):

Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 04-09-2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Wow, I played some back in the late 80s when they were new... and thought they were awful guitars. Interesting, I see them now and then used. May have to grab one, see how wrong I used to be.

Pete

Comment

I've played a regular Spectrum. My older brother had one years ago with the graphite neck. It was solid as hell, and played pretty nicely from what I remember. If it's an Uncle Mat guitar, it has to be at least decent, and probably an excellent guitar.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Twister if you see the Spectrum GT with the Dan Armstrong pickup let me know.

Comment

The Pantera is probably one of the more desireable models. They used to be found on eBay all the time for that price. Accept2 knows something about these guitars too, maybe he'll stroll in here.

Comment

Working...
                              X