No announcement yet.

Westone Pantera x350 Need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snagged it for a bit under 300. Sounds muddy as fuck on distortion but clean is sweeeeeeeettt.

Overalll condition is very good no chunks missing very clean front. Its only missing one machine conver.

Its got a small amount of rash but not through the finish. Just a ding or 2 here and there, bendmaster even has an arm!

Need some locking nuts for it also. Not sure I really interested in keeping it we shall see. Ill have to evilbay it if not, it seems they get a good buck for them.
    The pawn did however have a nice dk2 skull pile just put out for 600. So it may make its way to the bay faster to get me the skulls.

Eitherway Ill get some pics up tomorrow!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
      ...if you see the Spectrum GT with the Dan Armstrong pickup let me know.
      Here's one that didn't sell. The seller is a coworker and he was thinking about parting it out (but keeping the Kahler):
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110110654588

I have the red/blue crackle Spectrum GT with the Kahler Spyder trem. I also found a hammered body black w/maple one and put the maple board neck on the red/blue one as I don't like rosewood. Plays and sounds great. The necks have metal inserts in them and the neck screws are threaded machine screws.

Comment

I used to have one, but my buddy had the snakeskin model, I think i remember it being REAL snakeskin... or at least having a texture of real snakeskin
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Mountain Dog, I was watching that Ebay auction when it was active. I emailed the seller (your co-worker) and he never responded. I think in 1989 there were a difference between the run of the mill Spectrum GT

http://www.westone.info/cats/newhorizons/02.html

which is what his was, and the crackle/rosewood WE6410CKB or black maple WE6411BK. The difference was the Dan Armstrong "Rock Monster" pickup in the bridge. The "Heatwave" pickups your co-worker lists as Dan Armstrong pickups isn't listed as a "Dan Armstrong" in the catalog, I am assuming they are Westone pickups. Their only claim is they are ALNICO.

Lastly his price is a little out of touch. I had a crackle one on the radar on Ebay a while back, it probably went off while I was at work and forgot about it, but it still sold under $200 IIRC more like <$140.
          Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 04-10-2007, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Actually there is a difference, as the same catalog that the regular Spectrum GT I linked to above describes, they have a page of custom guitars and they list the crackle as a custom variation on the Spectrum GT with the addition of a Dan Armstrong "Rock Monster" pickup and they even describe it. Here it is: (funny they mention their "custom guitars", as they were all pre-designed, you couldn't place a custom order for a Westone, or did I miss that back then?)

http://www.westone.info/cats/newhorizons/05.html

Comment

There was quite a bit of variation in the guitars as far as the specs went, like with my SX you had the choice of two trems. I guess that's what they meant?
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
              X