6 guitars in 2 weeks... I have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 guitars in 2 weeks... I have a problem

Just got back from vacation - wife and I took a weekend off and went to neighboring arkansas, and rented a lakefront cabin. Was great! Of course, I found two guitars, raising my 2 week total to 6. *!*

Bought the following, in order:

Ibanez Jem77FP - killer guitar
    Epiphone Oklahoma State University guitar - was $99 shipped, couldn't resist
    ESP series strat - one piece mahogany body, color matching fretboard, plays and sounds amazing
    Hamer USA Centaura - needed some TLC, but it's still way cool

...and my finds in Arkansas:

ESP LTD Viper 301 - set neck SG copy, basically. A lot nicer than I thought it would be.

Peavey Wolfgang Special in trans green, was NOS. They never sold it, so I got the full limited lifetime warranty. They couldn't find the original case, but other than fingerprints the guitar is crazy mint and is awesome. Yes, I paid more for it than everything above except for the Jem.

So, I think I'm going to slow down a bit on guitar purchases... so keep an eye out for Pete's Mondo Guitar Sale. I need to get my guitar $ back up to pre purchase levels, and I think there's going to be quite a sacrifice of under $500 guitars.

Pete

You need help dude.

I'd be tempted to give that Hamer a new home if you get tired of it....
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by petedz View Post
      You need help dude.

Why? If you find a guitar you just have to have. Buy It!!!! We are not talking lettuce here. You can always sell it.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Heh, I just sold off 11 guitars
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          Heh, I just sold off 11 guitars
          It's replies like this that give me the ammo to defend myself when my wife screams bloody murder.

Pete

Comment

Now all you have to do is sell all the ones you don't love. There are sometimes when I am glad to be single.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hey, an OK ST U Cowboy guitar? I'd like to see that one.

I once visited Stillwater, ate decent sushi there. The locals told me that the town name doesn't come from the fact that there are no rolling rivers and streams. It's because in that town, they STILL have WATER.

Comment

MAN, some one has G.A.S.!!!!!

And I thought I had it with 4 guitars in 2 months
                www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Hows that Epiphone? I was gonna get the Penn State one, but now it looks i may have to settle for Duke

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    Hows that Epiphone? I was gonna get the Penn State one, but now it looks i may have to settle for Duke
                    Funny thing was, I saw a few music stores in arkansas selling the U of A one for $315. It's worth $99, but not a lot more than that IMHO. Kinda craptacular, but the finish is nice.

Pete

Comment

I understand completely. I think I have had 2 week periods of buying like that before.

About that Wolfgang.....A Trans Green Special???? Meaning the solid basswood flattop one?? I've never seen one of those in Trans Green.

Any pics??

Comment

Here it is... check out how tight the flame is. Looks 200x better in sunlight, I'll probably take some pics by my 'guitar tree' tomorrow.

Who can resist that? I sure as heck couldn't...

Pete

Comment

Nothing wrong with a buy and sell on a deal you may check out and turn over or even multiple ones. Its when you start keeping them all that you begin to have a real problem, its called lack of space. Nice wolfie btw.. I'd probably buy that too.

Comment

Wow. A flat top maple topped Special in Trans Green. I didn't know they made those in Trans Green....I've only seen the archtops with the tone knob.

That is cool as hell. I wish I had one.

Comment

Sweet! Wolfies are nice guitars for sure. I wish I still had mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X