Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
    looks good, that TOM set up kills it
    Meh... Why? TOM's are great bridges - millions of Les Pauls can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
      Original plan vs. the guitar:

I like the first on better But that's just me I don't know what any one els thinks about it but I don't like the other as much sorry.

Rock on for Life.

Comment

Killer inlay work. I can't see any filler. Your headstock logo looks far better than the stock version. The tune-o-matic was a great choice sonically. Congrats!

Comment

Looks like a Jackson, but it ain't a Jackson. It's like having a Les Paul made by Fender. Sorry to say this but altough you are right in terms of your needs, like, you needed a stop bar and a single humbucker, but, being honest, a Jackson looks better IMO, I mean, starting from the logo, the sharkfin inlays, etc. It's up to taste, congrats if it works for you, but for me I prefer this:

Last edited by LEOKV2; 04-16-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Meh... Why? TOM's are great bridges - millions of Les Pauls can't be wrong!
            Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
            I wanted stop-tailpiece...I prefer it. Now I have KV-2 with Floyd, KV Pro with Kahler and KV with stop tailpiece.

hell yeah they are, one of the best bridge designs out there, i love it on my explorer, but on a jackson much less a KV
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
              Looks like a Jackson, but it ain't a Jackson. It's like having a Les Paul made by Fender. Sorry to say this but altough you are right in terms of your needs, like, you needed a stop bar and a single humbucker, but, being honest, a Jackson looks better IMO, I mean, starting from the logo, the sharkfin inlays, etc. It's up to taste, congrats if it works for you, but for me I prefer this:
              do ya really have to shit on the guy's new guitar thread like that?
              it's totally unnecessary.
              who cares if it isn't what you'd want, it's what he wanted and he likes it.

what happened to the "if you don't have anything positive to say, keep your mouth shut" concept of common sense?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post

what happened to the "if you don't have anything positive to say, keep your mouth shut" concept of common sense?

seriously... .that was a douche bag thing to do. rest of the guitar looks awesome, just the TOM set-up up, but like i said looks hot.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                  hell yeah they are, one of the best bridge designs out there, i love it on my explorer, but on a jackson much less a KV
                  Okay, so this is your second ambiguous post about them. Either write in complete sentences or tell me:

YOU LIKE IT ON THE V

or

YOU DO NOT LIKE IT ON THE V

Read your posts - "The TOM kills it" - what does that mean exactly? ""but on a Jackson much less a KV" - ???

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post

Seems to be a FNG problem for the most part - at least to the point where they aren't even sarcastic about it...

Comment

Yeah ... he did seem to come off as being a little hard/arrogant with the comment about the guys guitar. And this is coming form the guy that is having a Rico Jr. KV being built? Not that I am putting down Rico Jr. guitars I am just saying that one should not put down a KV that is not a Jackson while he is having a non-Jackson KV being built.

I thought tha Ran looked great and I hope that it plays as well as it looks.

Comment

That axe looks KILLER!! I'd choose it over Jackson simply for the bridge.

Comment

Nice guitar.Enjoy it..........................
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Beautiful guitar! As always Daruisz does fabulous work, I can't wait for mine.
                            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                              Your Jackson looks amazing....I have sharkfin inlays on my KV-2 and KV Pro so I don't want three guitars with sharkfin inlays...I've always wanted Iron Crosses for my guitar.

I'm pretty sure this Ran KV looks almost the same if I would have ordered the guitar from Jackson Custom Shop with the same specs...logo is just different. All the materials are the same as Jacksons...but the price is much more lower

Here's the picture with better quality:

Last edited by Ben_D; 04-17-2007, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Couldn't tell much from the smaller pic, but judging by the larger high res pic... WOW! Looks good.

How much did they raise their prices? If I order a custom, it'll probably be from Ran.

Comment

Working...
                                X