Ran KV Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on a great guitar!

If it plays half as good as it looks, it'll sound killer.

They did a super job on the headstock shape. Way cooler than the arrow-head on Jeff Waters' sig. Did you ask them for a Jackson-Style 'stock or for a copy of the one in their gallery?

I think you've just given me GAS...

By the way, the rest of the high-res pictures of Ben_D's Ran KV are seriously good. The ones posted at the URL way back:

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
      Congratulations on a great guitar!

If it plays half as good as it looks, it'll sound killer.

They did a super job on the headstock shape. Way cooler than the arrow-head on Jeff Waters' sig. Did you ask them for a Jackson-Style 'stock or for a copy of the one in their gallery?

I think you've just given me GAS...

By the way, the rest of the high-res pictures of Ben_D's Ran KV are seriously good. The ones posted at the URL way back:

http://www.fiercemetal.org/images/Ran/
      I think they rose the prices some percents...up to 5%. I asked them to do "Jackson" headstock. Also the neck is built based on my KV-2 speedneck and the body size is same as my KV-2.

Comment

Nice axe. The TOM with the stop tail looks a little odd but I'm sure it's just because it's unusual. Is it a smaller scale than a KV? It looks miniature for some reason. How would you compare it with your other Vs?

Comment

Originally posted by H8Red442 View Post
          Nice axe. The TOM with the stop tail looks a little odd but I'm sure it's just because it's unusual. Is it a smaller scale than a KV? It looks miniature for some reason. How would you compare it with your other Vs?
          No...it's not smaller scale..it's 25.5". Don't know yet...just paid the final payment to Ran so I'll get the guitar on next week. There shouldn't be a big difference to KV-2 as the specs are same excluding TOM and pickup.

Here are all the pictures I got from RAN:

Last edited by Ben_D; 04-17-2007, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
            I think they rose the prices some percents...up to 5%. I asked them to do "Jackson" headstock. Also the neck is built based on my KV-2 speedneck and the body size is same as my KV-2.
            Cool! I'll look forward to hearing your report on how it sounds when you get it.

There's something mighty tempting about not paying EU import duties. I like the fact that they have a copy of the sweetone headstock too. I can feel that my bank balance is in trouble...

Comment

That guitar looks friggin' bad ass. I love your choice of bridge and color and inlays. Hell, I love the whole thing. Good luck with it.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That is one beautiful Vee you're getting there! I like the look of the stop tailpiece too - kinda reminds me of Chris Holmes' old Rhoads.

So, how much more would that have costed had Jackson built it?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                  So, how much more would that have costed had Jackson built it?
                  I'm not sure, but...this was 1510 euros including hard case. My estimation is...Jackson Custom Shop KV with same specs might be 2500-3500 euros...probably 3000 is pretty close.

Comment

Very nice. What does the "J.H. Serial 001" designate? "Jackson Headstock"?

Comment

That looks great man...I love the clean look with the single hum and stop tail....not to mention the black/white bevels. Excellent specs.
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants View Post
                        Very nice. What does the "J.H. Serial 001" designate? "Jackson Headstock"?
                        J.H. stands for my initials

Comment

Looks pretty damn nice Jani! Especially the inlay work, clean as hell! Can't wait for mine, it should be ready anytime now.
                          -Janne

Comment

AWESOME GUITAR!!!

I love it, especially the stop tail. I hate the look of string through KVs. It just looks like they were too cheap to spring for the stop-tail to me. Here's my modded KV1:
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Sukisyn View Post
                              Yeah ... he did seem to come off as being a little hard/arrogant with the comment about the guys guitar. And this is coming form the guy that is having a Rico Jr. KV being built? Not that I am putting down Rico Jr. guitars I am just saying that one should not put down a KV that is not a Jackson while he is having a non-Jackson KV being built.

I thought tha Ran looked great and I hope that it plays as well as it looks.
                              Hmmm... dude, I'm not having a Rico Jr. King V made, where did you get that from? It's a VIXEN, it has NOTHING to do with a King V, it's an original model from Rico, here's a picture for ya:

So, as you can see... it has NOTHING to do with a KV, think twice before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                                do ya really have to shit on the guy's new guitar thread like that?
                                it's totally unnecessary.
                                who cares if it isn't what you'd want, it's what he wanted and he likes it.

what happened to the "if you don't have anything positive to say, keep your mouth shut" concept of common sense?
                                I don't think I "gave shit" to the guy's guitar at all, I just said I didn't like it, gave my reasons and I told him congratulations if he likes it and it's what he wants. My opinion had nothing to do with "giving shit" to anybody, it was just a point of view, MY point of view. I never tried to give the guy a hard time, just told him what I thought. After all, if he posted something in a forum, he knows it's subject to other people's thoughts and some may like it, some may not, he posted the guitar here for a reason, to share and probably get opinions. I did that.

Sorry about that?

Comment

Working...
                                X