No announcement yet.

Ibanez Jem77FP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got an FP a BFP and a BSB I absolutely love Jems!!! Here are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
      They were cut from Vai's curtains originally, and are a fabric rather than a decal or a graphic, so whichever part of the curtain you got, really!

Wow, that's cool. Different approach for sure...
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Vai's prototypes were made from his parent's curtains. Ones after that were reproductions, and yeah, they are on fabric, you can see the thread counts if you look very close at the guitar.

Pete

Comment

I'm surprised no one has said to be sure to check that the curtains match the carpet...
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I'd heard they were his grandmother's curtains...

Comment

Taken from Jemsite:

JEM77FP Note - Every JEM77FP Floral Pattern made features an actual floral pattern cloth on the body front, body rear and headstock. The fabric used for the pattern is bonded to the body, painted over black on the edges and then fully clear coated. It comes in several varieties: three body, three headstock and three rear-body floral patterns exist for 27 possible combos. The actual Floral "Pattern" cloth was modeled after the actual curtains from Vai's parents home in LI, NY. His first few (pre-production prototype) Florals were said to be made with the actual curtains.

Comment

I remember reading something somewhere that Ibanez ran out of fabric sometime in the mid 90's and they started using a photo of the pattern from that point on. Don't know if that's true or not but it's been debated over at jemsite...

My favorite Jem was a 1989 FP that was beat to shit. It had the biggest chunk taken out of the back edge that I've ever seen. I knew that one was real fabric because it started to unravel at that donk. Every once and a while some more clear would chip off because of the threads. I finally melted the treads down with a lighter to get that to stop. It had the thickest Jem neck I've ever owned. Shoulda kept it...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I have allways had a thing for those guitars

Comment

Working...
                  X