Jeff Loomis Sig is HERE!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Loomis Sig is HERE!!!!!!!!

The Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature has F$#&&$G Landed BITCHES!!!

After buying that Washburn 7 string when Music123 was blowing them out, I got sucked in hard to the dark side!!! I love 7 string guitar

An old Little League baseball friend of mine works over at Guitar Center and he hooked me up with the stupidest deal on this baby, and I mean stupid
    I would like to thank Nick(Jacksonite) for answering my many questions about the guitar

Quick Review:

This thing is ready to shred right out of the box!!!!!!!!

Playability: 9.8
    The guitar plays oh so nice, but the neck is a little big It scared the shit out of me when my friend pulled it out of the box at GC, but after playing it for the last 3 hours..... it is surprisingly comfy and feels great. Other than that and the volume knob is a little too close to where my picking hand rests but this is an outstanding guitar nonetheless! Oh, and the 26.5 scale length is really not noticeably different to play on than a 25.5 scale guitar and feels really nice from the 12th fret up where my fingers would feel a little bit cramped together with the frets being closer!!!!! Plus it has EMG's and an OFR to boot!!!!!!

Setup: 9.8
    The guitar was set up really well right out of the box! Just needed a slight tweakage to taste

Electronics: 10
    Everything is wired and working properly and all wiring is neatly bundled and tied together inside the cavity.Very clean looking! Now, time to do the 18 volt mod!

Finish: 9.8
    Everything is great except for some slight abrasion/clear damage on the lower horn where it would rest on your leg... it is not really noticeable or obvious, but it is there.

Now it is time to sell all of my 6 stringers and order me a Custom Jackson 7 String
    Last edited by DarkSaga; 04-11-2007, 07:49 PM.

sweeeet. Congrats, dude. That's a great looking guitar. What finish is that?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

It is the Vampyre Red Stain and is the only finish option available on his sig guitar!

Comment

Alot of the 7 strings looks a like to me. There dont seem to much variation in design, at least radical variation
        www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
        the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Schecters are great guitars man! Loving that finish too.

Comment

Yeah, there is not too many real radical looking 7 strings being mass produced....but the Loomis was the sexiest out of the bunch to me plus the options it had like a OFR already and came with EMG's, maple neck w/black inlays........... so for me, it was a no brainer......................................and also that is why I am hopefully going to order a custom 7 Rhoads or Warrior in the near future so I can have the radical look of my favorite guitars plus all the options/preference I like in a guitar like a volume knob not so damn far up on the body

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaga View Post
              It is the Vampyre Red Stain and is the only finish option available on his sig guitar!
              well, look at that. I've just dragged out a GW - the finish in the ad looked a little different to yours. Filter that through my spectacularly unreliable memory, and it looked even darker in my head.

I didn't know they were only doing one colour. I figured they'd have to have a black one in there too. Maybe with body binding?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I have looking at the model for a few weeks now, after your review I think I am getting one.
                Sweet axe for sure!!
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Dude, definitely get one..... they are badass!!!!!! Shoot Jacksonite a pm.... he can hook you up with one with a case for the price others are charging for just the guitar without case!!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention that the body does tend to dig into your forearm of your picking arm a little which is one of the only things that kinda sucks, but you get use to it and it's nothing a wrist band can't solve

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaga View Post
                    ........and also that is why I am hopefully going to order a custom 7 Rhoads or Warrior in the near future so I can have the radical look of my favorite guitars plus all the options/preference I like in a guitar like a volume knob not so damn far up on the body
                    Gonna go with the reverse headstock Rhoads or tradtional headstock ?

Comment

How are you gonna tune this beast?

Comment

Congrats!!
                        don't 7's just fucking rule!
                        I had a Hellraiser 7 before I bought my Carvin DC727C and I really liked it.
                        How do those EMGs sound in an Ash body?
                        I need to check one of these out.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

VLover:
                          I just tune to standard BEADGBE, but maybe tune down a half step in the future or when I play Nevermore tunes
                          I am probably going to get a Reverse Headstock 7 string Warrior and it is either going to be a 7 string version of one of these 2: It is definitely going to have a slanted fretboard, a OFR, EMGs, a deeper cut on the lower wing for easier fret access, knobs moved the fuck out of the way, and other little details that I need to think of to make a perfect guitar for me!

Kmanick: Yes... 7 strings rule I've played nateb's Hellraiser 7 and it played and sounded awesome, but it was a tuneomatic string thru and it just feels really light.. almost like it is hollow or something.... so I knew that I needed to get the Loomis model especially since it had a Floyd I like floyds Plus it feels heavy(not too heavy) like it is made of wood....... you know what I am saying

The EMG's sound killer as usual to me - a clear/defined/crushing bridge tone and a warm/defined neck tone, but they will sound better after I 18 volt mod it right now in a couple minutes!

Comment

What's the street price? Don't see these guitars listed anywhere on the 'net for sale.

Comment

I won't be buying any gear any time soon, but if and when I do, a 7 string is high on the list. Rusty's 7 appealed to me the most and seemed the best designed. But now the Loomis model is probably where I'd put my money. I like the way that it looks, and I like the fact that he's got an OFR on there (well, a 7 string version anyway). I also like that the neck is either neck through or a set neck sculpted like a neck through. I don't have any experience with EMGs, but I wish the battery compartment popped out instead of being screwed in. I've read others' comments on battery compartments and most people seem to not like the pop out ones. Why is that?

Anyway, congrats on the guitar. It looks like sweet!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X