Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aria Pro thoughts...might buy one

Hey Guys,

I've been gassing for a nice jazz box or some sort of LP copy. Looking at the Aria Pro auctions on eBay brings back a lot of memories of the local store I used to frequently visit during my high school years in the 80's. I always liked the Cats and Warriors back then but I have enough pointy double cutaway style guitars to get the job done. I've been noticing some of the Aria Pro hollow body's and LP's and they seem like they are constructed really nicely. If I could pick up a nice hollow body for around $300 that would be sweet. I've played the Ibanez Artcore hollow body guitars a few times so I've set that as a benchmark for a $300 jazz guitar. How do you think these would compare? Any thoughts???

Brian
    E = Fb

Id take an old Japanesse made Aria over a Korean Ibanez any day..............

Comment

Yngwie and George Lynch played a few back in the day. One was played at the beggining of the movie Vice Versa:ROTF: . I've come close many times at buying one myself.
      I'd say go for it.

Comment

I have had several Aria PRO II LP copys and loved them, very well made Japanese guitars of the 70s and 80s
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The TA series from the 70's, 80's MIJ are really well put together. I have a TA_70 and like it despite the longer scale. The Korean Washburns, the 35's ..335 clones (not the Oscar Schmidt ones) are decent korean jazz box types as well. Hohner makes a nice widebody jazzbox too.. Korean made but its a decent axe for the buck.

Comment

I have an RS Knight Warrior. ala Lynch. That I have had forever. Great guitar.

Comment

stupid question...

what's the actual pronunciation of "Aria"? Is the accent on the 1st syllable as in "AIR ee uh" or is it on the 2nd as in "a RI uh"...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Hmm, I've always said AR ee uh

don't know if that's right though...
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I say it AR ee uh, as isn't that like some word for melody or something? As for Aria Pro II guitars, a store here has a really nice ES style one that plays great. Their LP copies are also nice guitars.

Comment

AR ee uh. Like an operatic aria.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

areola
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Originally posted by mhalsey View Post
                        areola
                        :ROTF: NICE!!

I'm an Areola Pro!!
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                        X