Ibanez Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Q.

I brought home an RG of some sort 24 fret,pearl dot fret markers V1,S1,V2 pickups and an edge trem.Vol tone and a 5 way switch Blue bust in color with a slight flame to the top.
    It has the angled neck joint with the flat neck plate.Made in Japan on the neckplate.Says made in Japan on the back of the headstock with a ser# of F127615.Any Ideas of mfg date I'm having no luck searching the web
    I'm going to take it apart tonight and give her the treatment.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

27,615th guitar out of Fujigen in 1991 I think. But it's early in the morning here and I am drunk!
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Thanks shobet I'll check that site out.

Comment

straycat,
        Definatly a 1991. I'm guessing that it's a 570FM. Don't know what finishes they came in. I had a cherry sunburst one. Nice guitars. LOVE the old Edge trem...

Pics???
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

No camera I'm a tool I need to buy one.
          Its all there but has some player wear which is OK with me.Strung for a leftie right know But I'll take care of that.It does not have the RG logo or RG model name on the back of the headstock so I was not sure what it was.
          Cool none the less, good buy for $149.00.

Comment

Here's a link to the scan of the 1991 catalogue. www.ibanezrules.com is a great place for Ibanez info...

Says the 570FM came in Trans Blue. I'm guessing that's what you have. A fuckin' STEAL at $149.00. Let me know when you get bored of it...

And don't feel bad. I don't have a camera either...

Comment

Yep thats it thanks.I cant figure out how to post pics anyway.I've tried the photo bucket thing and cant get it to work so fuck a bunch of pics.
              If I do I will.
              BTW what was the retail on the 570 FM in91?

Comment

Not too sure on the retail. I'm thinking maybe in the 600 range. But I don't know for sure. They were about the top of the line for RG's. The only thing that made the 700 series higher was the inlays and colors and whatnot. No better of a guitar by any means. The 570 still survives to this day. It has another name now like 1570 or something like that. But it's stood the test of time. They are great guitars with the best trem made... (the old ones with the Edge. Not a fan of the Edge Pro)

Comment

I took it apart and cleaned it and its rock solid.The trem has some slight pitting on the bass side but is sound mechanically. I had to blow some contact cleaner in the 5 way and rewire the tone control but no biggie.
                  Polished the frets, recrowned the first 3.Fretboard was real dry.All in all a solid guitar for sure.

Comment

Well she just got about an hour test run and no problems.Just a few tweaks of the truss rod and the neck settled right in. Action is low no buzzing so all is well.
                    I was reading the Blue Book and it says the 570 FM model was only offered in 92 so I guess thes was made in 91 for the 92 model year.

Comment

Original list was $805.00.

Comment

So $600 street would not be unheard of. It's funny, but they have not raised prices that much in what? 16 years? Gibson goes through that much of a price increase in 1 year. Makes you wonder...

And the Blue Book must be wrong. The scan from above was from the 1991 catalogue...

Comment

The blue book is quite inaccurate sometimes.
                          Its a great playing guitar but not a life changeing experience type guitar.IBZ pickups are OK not stellar by any means.Just an average Japanese guitar IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            The blue book is quite inaccurate sometimes.
                            Its a great playing guitar but not a life changeing experience type guitar.IBZ pickups are OK not stellar by any means.Just an average Japanese guitar IMO.
                            OK... Get ahold of me and you can rid yourself of that "average Japanese guitar"!!!

Your right IBZ pickups, while made by DiMarzio, are pretty weak. But I've always been partial to the RG body, not many look cooler...

Comment

I like the RG body too. Love the 550s.You will be the one I PM when I get tired of it.Give me some time.LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X