Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about ESP...

Hi

I wanted to know something that has been going through my head. Why is it that in ESP's "American" website we can only get SOME models of the complete lineup and most of the "cool" models are only available through the Korean LTD's? For example, the only "true" ESP's you can get are the basic Viper, Eclipse, Horizon and M-II, that's it. You can get the Forest or Exp series. Personally I think that the Forest design (available only through LTD on the USA apparently) is ESP's best, and it's original.

But, if you check out ESP's Japanese website, they have ALL the guitars available on the ESP side, and I don't even remember if they mention LTD's.

Is it a marketing strategy so people buy LTD's or something? Now that I think about it, it's been only a few years since you actually could see "real" ESP's showing at musiciansfriend.com or at Guitar Center, or even at their website! Weird...

Is there a way of ordering a Japanese ESP, like the Forest, for example?

Check it out, much better than the cheap LTD version...

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
    But, if you check out ESP's Japanese website, they have ALL the guitars available on the ESP side, and I don't even remember if they mention LTD's.
    http://www.espguitars.co.jp/ltd/index.html Just a basic selection of the LTD models available in the US..
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

http://www.bachmann-guitars.com/

Comment

Jackson does the same thing. More options and more guitars in Japan then our import line. It's to bad too.

Comment

Is there a way of getting one of those Japan models (like the ESP Forest) in the States? Maybe through Matt?

Comment

Just a quick plug for their ESP line,got my kid the 8 string bass,and it is my only ever experience with ESP,but this is much more guitar than I expected for the money!
            www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

I found the ESP custom shop today. Sensory overload, holy shit!
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

What the hell happened to the Roope Latvala Star? I don't see it on their site any longer. That thing ruled!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

With regard to the orignal question, that could be to do with licencing - I know that's why US Eclipses have 3 pots rather than an LP style layout....
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Humm, I wonder how could someone get that ESP Forest in the USA without going to Japan or paying loads of money for some company to import it "specially".

Comment

Custom shop, that's about it.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

yeah. or you'd have to find someone or a contact at a store in Japan to ship or or send it to you.

it's not unlike getting a Jackson Stars.

in regard to the US Eclipse Shape changes, they also had to modify the cutaway, as the old one was "too similar to the LP horn"...

and the Japanese ESPs and shapes are indeed killer...

Comment

That Forest costs around 2300 dollars, ash top, mahogany body, etc.

Never heard or the ash/mahogany combo, what are the tonal properties of ash? Say, on top of mahogany.

Comment

Actually, I think ESP has expanded the U.S. availability of Standard Series models and custom shop signature pieces compared to a few years ago. ESP's primary market is Japan, and that's clearly where much of their energy goes.

ESP sells LTD guitars in other countries, but Japan gets a bigger selection of their Edwards line, which ESP doesn't sell in the U.S. and which is made in Japan with better quality control than the LTDs. I'm not quite sure why ESP doesn't market the Forest in the U.S. (the F-series LTDs aren't the full Forest shape), but I think it's because it was originally designed for a Japanese artist.

Comment

Working...
                            X